Hewlett-Packard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview went for about an hour, first I was asked about my current project, what role I played in my current project, then ask me about some work I have done in my current project. I was also asked some technical questions related to the new position, as I was feeling pretty good about the whole process. At the end I was asked when can I join the new project.

Interview Questions

• Can you please describe your current project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Columbia, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Very informal, yet very detailed. As I moved from one office to another, I bumped into about five other employees, so we struck up an informal conversation. Then I met with the technical chief. There was not a list of prepared questions. Instead it was very friendly. I talked about my work experiences, the things I enjoyed the most, and the interviewer would chime in occasionally asking for some clarification. That interview lasted a few hours.

Interview Questions

• There was not a list of prepared questions. Instead it was very friendly. I talked about my work experiences, the things I enjoyed the most, and the interviewer would chime in occasionally asking for some clarification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a hiring manager via eMail. The next step was a 30 minute technical screening. I was then contacted by another hiring manager to set up a 4 hour technical interview. The Technical interview was divided into four 1-hour sections each on different technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Now that you've heard about the job and position, what would you change about the position.   1 Answer

I accepted another position with a company that is a much better fit. This division of HP seemed very task oriented and rigid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cupertino, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Both technical and cultural fit
    In technical round, expect a technical phone interview, might be few language or algorithm related questions(still at a high level). In the in person technical interview, there will be white board coding as well as behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Columbia, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

Met hiring manager for one hour where he gave a good idea of his managerial style, and a very good presentation of the benefits of working for Hewlett Packard.

Met a group in hallway (30 minutes) while going to the technical interview (accidental?).

Met with technical lead for 2.5 hours. Very casual discussions. One question was "tell me about your C++ experience" - expected, but thought it would be more quiz-like.

Generally, a relaxed interviewing experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Hard to say. Do open source work and let it show for yourself. Your work says a lot about you in those open source groups

Negotiation

My situation was unique and I was valued but I'd treated it like any other company. Go for a place that has a big salary and good work environment

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone screen covering basic technical questions followed on-site interview with several engineers. They covered basic algorithm and data structure questions, SQL and a few brain teasers. The interview lasted most of the day. Two engineers accompanied me to lunch at the on-site cafeteria, then I met with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What additions have been added to the latest version of Java?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was less than I'd hoped for. I told them I would look elsewhere and they countered with relocation, a signing bonus and a significant bump in pay. It's definitely worth negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

1st on the phone basic questions for 45 min.
    2nd 4 hours with 7 members technical, logical, experience based
    3 hours with 3 members. To check if I check the answer of some question which are asked in 2nd interview.
    then over letter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cupertino, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I had initial interview with Hiring Manager and he was very nice person. He ran through some basic Technical question on Java/J2EE technologies.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain about Binary Tree - Depth First Search and breadth first search   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (El Paso, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview went smoothly and interviewer was very friendly and helpful. Felt comfortable at all times and was given opportunity to express knowledge-base.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions can be very specific and developers often need to refer to certain resources for coding questions, which in this case were not made available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate higher salary then what was offered to others based on experience with company and in field.