Hewlett-Packard Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

First Round - Just A Minute round (JAM)
Second Round - Apti and Technical Written round
Third round - Technical
Fourth round - Managerial
Fifth Round - HR

In the first round they look at your communication skills asking you to speak for a minute on a topic of your choice.
Second round is a written test with apti,verbal and technical questions(mostly on C). Apti was of basic types. verbal was easy too with passage questions and fill in the blanks questions.
Tech round - basically they check your problem solving ability in solving problems.
The next 2 rounds are of managerial questions.

Interview Questions

• Write an executable linkedlist program to add a node at nth position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Phoneton, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They cannot conduct face to face interviews for contract employees. Both interviews were with the hiring manager who I loved working for. Very average in terms of questions asked and it was pretty informal. At the time the interview process was based on my overall experience and employee recommendations - I had worked with a few people in past jobs and came highly recommended, based on the software solutions that were hiring. i applied, they called me 2 weeks later, had two phone interviews, and was hired. I was lucky enough to apply for a position that needed to be filled immediately, I heard other people had a tougher experience

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews in college for an internship. Few technical questions. Many behavioral questions. Later offered full-time early on in senior year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Very professional interview process. Met with HR rep for overview of company and tour. Met with several current employees and potential manager. Very positive, no gotcha type questioning - everyone had serious job to do.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to profile the customers workflow requirements on the platform we're providing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cupertino, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager.
    Phone interview with one of the Principal Project engineers

Interview Questions

• General Technical
      How do you go about debugging a difficult multi-thread concurrency problem within a UNIX kernel?
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chennai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

unorganized interview there are 20 peoples only still asked to wait till evening still came out with dissatisfied HR discussion, two technical interview, one managerial round and brutal HR discussion. one guy referred net to validate our answer most or them answer he don't know, another panel average question with natural and expected question, managerial will be friend enough to discuss with family backgrounds and projects, followed by HR will screen your resume one we should do before interview get schedule and praise about his company and never ready to renegotiate and giving free advices, they taking peoples in for some maintenance project it seems.

Interview Questions

• method overloading in wcf, bulk data transmission in wcf, contracts available in wcf, webservice and wcf differences, linq queries and jquery selectors.   Answer Question

poor HR negotiation

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chandigarh (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Total three rounds of interview. Technical Round, Managerial Round and HR. Those who cleared the MCQ test with more than 85% were asked for the technical and the HR only.

In technical round, questions from various data structures were asked. Few programs to write in any preferred language. Some creative and innovative ideas from resume was also explored the interviewer. Very friendly interview. No stress.

The HR person was also very friendly. I did my summer internship from HP. So, most of the talks was related to the internship location (Bangalore). He asked couple of things around Bangalore corner. And asked if I had problem getting location there. Some stereo questions, which every HR puts in front, like why should we hire you? Ready for night shift?