Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2016

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The company came for campus career fair. Then I received a coding interview question through mail. We were given two hours time to solve that question and send it back. I submitted the coding back. According to me I did well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was very friendly. the questions asked in the interview by the interviewer were questions that were mostly about basics of the field I was applying for, that you must already know was for software engineer. The interview which was for two hours was split into sections of 1 hour each. The 1st one hour was taken by one person, and the second hour was taken by another person. At the end of each interview session I was given opportunity to ask questions. This was great. strait forward. Technical. Data Structure Programming skills Algorithms Word Count Space

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted resume in career fair. was asked basic questions in java and networking and about the things written in resume.then got the call from the recruiting team. Next week they came to campus. Then had an interview for 1 hour. Then called to onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• asked basic java, networking questions and data structures and algorithms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It took 1 week. In one day I attended 3 calls. HR called me first asked few details about me, my status, Location preference, travel. Then Team Lead called me and It went 50 mins. Its a pure technical interview and then Manager called me and asked few technical questions and discussed about the team and project they are working on. Next day I got call from them confirming the job.

Interview Questions

• Server tuning, Performance issues, Profile usage KVM logs, Datasource connection issues, Identifying memory leaks. and many other technical questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was HR round, where mostly behavioral questions were asked, like, why you want to work for HP, Describe your favorite project etc. Then, second round was on-site, where 3 rounds were conducted. Mostly questions were based on Resume and projects discussion. Other questions were logical and behavioral.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 engineers, a manager, and an HR person. I started with an interview at school. Then they flew me out onsite. The interview was an all day long process followed by dinner with the hiring manager. The interview was fairly standard based on other interviews I have done in the past.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It started with a technical phone screen. Within few weeks, I was brought onsite for an one-on-one interview with the team and to meet with the manager. The interview lasted perhaps 1 hour and was technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was a simple lunch meeting with the team. No hard technical questions were asked. The team asked about previous projects at school and how I would handle team based projects.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Took a week to start the hiring process. Scheduled phone interview after a week. Phone interview was easy. Asked a coding question and java technical skills. The whole interview experience was good. The interviewer was very particular on java fundamentals.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted a week later. Set up phone call to describe the position and gauge my interest. Then set up phone interview 2 days later. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Coding interview question
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Los Angeles, CA project work basic questions on data structure
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Palo Alto, CA asked basic java, networking questions and data structures and algorithms.
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Jersey City, NJ Server tuning, Performance issues, Profile usage KVM logs, Datasource connection issues, Identifying memory leaks. and many other technical questions.
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview San Francisco, CA Questions from resume
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview They asked questions about previous projects.
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview San Jose, CA Describe how Java Servlets work
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Fort Collins, CO What do you want most out of this internship?
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Java fundamentals, String related coding
Hewlett-Packard Software Engineer Interview Interface vs Abstract class. Just know OO basics.