Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Drupal Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview on the phone. Questions about past experience, some technical question about the domain. Second interview on site. Different people, different in=depth questions about Drupal, server-side, frontend, HTML-CSS-JS, test procedures, revision tools. procedures.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was asked to create a deck that summarized and make recommendations around the registration flow. Once that was reviewed I was brought in for 5-6 people to interview me in-person. It was the typical mix of Engineering and Product leads, ending with the VP of Product.

My interview with the VP was unceremoniously terminated the moment she established I had no degree. Apparently HP don't screen candidates very well and their exec staff aren't particularly well mannered.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 different groups:

1st group: had a phone screening to schedule an interview with the manager, a couple days later had the phone interview on Friday. Received an offer a couple days later on tuesday (accepted offer)

2nd group: Told them I was interviewing for another group, rushed an on-site interview. Received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about mainly experience, availability, a couple goals. This company was one of the best when it came to interviews. Very straight to the point.. I think they could tell a lot about someone based on their experience and how they carry themselves. Ended up working here with about 2-3 extensions.   Answer Question

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews .First was over the phone asked about my projects,basic java questions, second
     was face to face.After all the interview was done they didn't get back to me.After a week came to know that they closed that position

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by 6 members it was almost for 4 hrs Gave me some selenium coding exercise.Asked some puzzles, some basic java how to use list to values from file   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds of interview- I applied Online,Recruiter Contacted me through email though it took three months , followed by interview with Technical Manager, Interview with Technical Engineer Question were related to Database, Performance Tunic, OS , Networking , Scripting and some trouble shooting Questions which were not hard to crack down and then an onsite interview with entire team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied to this position as a new graduate (BS in computer science) few months before I got a call from a recruiter. She spoke to me and got inputs about my background and experience. Then I was called in to do a 2 hour coding test onsite at the Sunnyvale campus. You are left in a conference room alone with scratch paper and pens. There were 4 questions and it was all based on C and C++. A current software engineer will be administering the test by walking in every few mins to make sure everything is okay and to see if you have any questions. I took a picture of the test and I'm sharing the questions below.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted lists. You can choose the structure in which they are represented, and briefly state in the comments. You may rely on the two lists being sorted at the start.   Answer Question
    • strncpy() is a function in the C standard library. Here is the description of it from the linux manual page:

char * strncpy (char * destination, const char * source, size_t num);

Copy characters from string
      Copies the first num characters of source to destination. If the end of the source C string (which is signalled by a null character) is found before num characters have been copied, destination is padded with zeroes until a total number of num characters have been written to it.

No null-character is implicitly appended at the end of the destination if source is longer than num. Thus, in this case, destination shall not be considered a null terminated C string (reading it as such would overflow).

destination and source shall *not* overlap (see memmove for a safer alternative when overlapping)

Return value: strncpy() function returns a pointer to the destination string dest.

IMPLEMENT IT.   Answer Question
    • Write an efficient function to return the number of days since the January 1st for the current year given the month (1-12) and day (1-31) as parameters (assume non leap year to keep it simple). Here's the function prototype:

int DaysInYear (int month, int day);

For example, DaysInYear (1,1) should return zero. April, June, September, and November has 30 days, February has 28 and the rest have 31 days.   Answer Question
    • The operating system typically allocates memory in pages such that the base address of the page are 0, 4K, 8K etc. Given two addresses (pointers), write a function to find if two pointers are on the same page. Here's the function prototype:

int AreOnSamePage (void * a, void * b);   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Recruited from another firm - HP recruiter reviewed previous employment, types of industries, scope of engagements & successes. Lead to several phone interviews and picked up after four screenings. Various groups around the U.S. participated in process. Time frame was two weeks from start to finish.

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Weird - distributed model - where administrative assistants to hiring managers might orchestrate interview process depending on group / function and resourcing. It took 3 months from start to finish and was poorly communicated from start to finish.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I pushed hard for increased offer based on actual facts of my compensation. Offer was modified to an acceptable exchange. Do not go in without knowledge of the hiring practices and constraints the company is under in a turn around phase.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone over a year ago about a recruiting position and I am just writing now because I just was notified that new recruiting positions were open with HP's Software/Big Data group. I am a seasoned recruiter with an excellent track record and have worked for and with industry leaders in the Software and B2B Saas industry including 2 of the companies HP acquired, placing senior and mid-level managers. I have a friendly and professional personality without a big ego. In short, I have never been treated so rudely. My answers to questions were cut off, I was treated in a condescending manner about my career path which included joining Salesforce very early on and as an agency recruiter my clients included Oracle, BEA, i2 and dozens of start-ups that went public. I have never been treated so rudely before. I ended the call early because above everything else, a company's culture is most important thing and I had a terrible first impression. I don't get it at all-I was the one solicited directly through my Linkedin profile.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that your experience makes you qualified for the role?   Answer Question

Channel Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Very Good and Through. They didn't try and get you on the little things they just wanted to make sure you were who you said you were

Negotiation

Very Easy going