Hewlett-Packard Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Systems Administrator Interview Questions

2.4

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Contract position - two phone interviews, one face to face

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very aimicable no stress.

Interview Questions

• Can I create a printer cable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was the least difficult of many I've done. I was able to get a 10% raise from my previous position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview with a technical test. Scored a perfect score on the technical test. Does require security clearance and the interview was about twenty minutes. Referred to job through a third party vendor named Verigient

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Very simple... just a few questions: couple technical, and I was hired. Two of the three shift managers showed me around the facility--huge--and explained the service level contracts. After my interview I received a very generous offer with a mile long listing of my benefit package.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player? Are you willing to certify? Are you willing to work an overnight shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tulsa, OK) in January 2008.

Interview

Questions that did not pertain to the position applied for at all. It was almost like they google "questions to ask in an interview" and printed them out and read them word for word. Questions such as "if you were in a position where someone was mad at you how would you talk them out of being mad at you". Just lame. Nothing to do with my IT skills at all.

Interview Questions

• If someone was being mad to you how would you talk them out of being mad at you.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you failed and how did you make a comeback.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was promised a salary when I was hired that I have still not seen to this day. I have now been in the position 3 years.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pune (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Follwing 3 test are conducted:
    1) Aptitude(Off line Paper of half an hoour)
    2) Technical interview
    3) HR Interview

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

the interview process is very long and have 3 rounds after that background verification and al the thing will take place

Negotiation

Company Brand name

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2011.

Interview

After 1 month and 2 weeks from the time I submitted my application, I was scheduled for an exam. After passing the exam, waited another week for the initial panel interview with two Team Leads. Interview was okay, not too technical. After 4 days, I was scheduled for a final interview with a manager. Questions were almost the same as with the initial interview. Received an invite for the Job Offer after 3 days. Asked HR to give me 24 hours to think about it. The day after, signed and processed the pre-employment requirements.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

It took 2 days for my interview process. firstly, written exam was conducted. i were easily handled it, followed by group discussion. Group discussion was bit tricky and tough but I handled it with ease. finally, in HR round a group of delegates questioned about my personal life, i were bit angry with the questions but i managed in some way without showing my anger.
    By god's grace i were selected.