Hewlett-Packard Technical Consultant II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Technical Consultant II Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Herndon, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the hiring manager (initial phone screen) based on my resume. Then I was contacted by an HR rep who told me to apply on line. A week after I applied I was scheduled for a phone interview with another HR rep - that was about 20 minutes long and was your typical personality interview. Then I was scheduled for an in-person final round interview. Surprisingly I wasn't asked a single technical question throughout the process. The last interview was more or less an analysis of how I work as an individual. I'd say the interview went well, there was really only one answer I gave in the final interview that the main interviewer was not impressed with. Ultimately they were looking for someone who will take charge when they see an opportunity, and I didn't express that characteristic very well.

Interview Questions

• From a leadership perspective, how would you handle two employees that had to work together on a project, but who each had very different ideas about how to go about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tulsa, OK) in February 2010.

Interview

The initial interview was okay. The hiring process did take longer than expected. HPES' recruiting team is based in Mexico. It just so happens the recruiter with my file abruptly left the company, thus leaving me in limbo for a two week period of time. After daily phonecall followups to the hiring manager at the local office, I was able to join my training class.

Negotiation

Non existent

Technical Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chennai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview is mainly focussed on a person's ability to communicate and their fundamental technical aptitude with respect to technology and computers. Experienced candidates are considered as well, if they seem promising, even if they lack communication.

The initial round will be to shortlist candidates from a large group of 30-40 depending on how good they introduce themselves. Then the candidates will are asked general questions in a little more details to filter further.

The next round is again communication where they are asked to read some paragraphs to judge on accent and mother tongue influence.

The next round is a paper test of technical questions. Then there is a final face to face technical round followed by HR.

If someone makes it to the technical it is more or less assured that they can make it through. The HR will negotiate the salary.

It took me a nearly a month to get my joining letter, apparently due to a useless HR somewhere however that person was reported for her incapability but i still saw that person in the company a few months later. It however does not take take that long for most people.

Technical Consultant II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2008.

Interview

Simple questions and answers process. Recurited thru a outsourcing deal