Hewlett-Packard Technical Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

Technical interview is rigorous. They recognize technical competence well. However, if you slip in one or two questions, it's not penalized as heavily as some other companies do. As long as you are well prepared, there is nothing much to worry about.

Interview Questions

• What was it that you learnt and managed successfully without outside help.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds of interview- I applied Online,Recruiter Contacted me through email though it took three months , followed by interview with Technical Manager, Interview with Technical Engineer Question were related to Database, Performance Tunic, OS , Networking , Scripting and some trouble shooting Questions which were not hard to crack down and then an onsite interview with entire team.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Long day, 5 interviews in the same day. You will meet with six different people from different areas within HP. Each inteviewer talked about totally different things pertaining to the job. A little overwelhming at first, however I was made to feel at ease and it got better

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The last interview of the day was reserved for the offer. It went very well, considering they were my first choice of companies to work.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Screening interview -> Phone interview -> First interview -> Dining Interview. There isn't any difficult questions about interview process.

Interview Questions

• If applying for a job, it would be best to know most of latest technology. Recommended to know in depth networking and linux/unix systems possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Standard process though management appeared to lean of inexperienced personnel to do the initial; screening. My department is more interested in customer service skills rather than technical knowledge. You have to have a good balance I agree but so many people are being hired without any technical knowledge that serving the customers expeditiously is a major fail.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer HP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Take it leave it attitude. I was told verbatim. "Sorry, since you are new the field, this is what we can offer." Their loss, I have already exceeded my peers in competence, know how, professionalism, and more. I am looking for a new job now. They simply do NOT know what they have nor do they know how to foster and develop employees.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I can't advise too much in this regard in that I worked under the umbrella of HP as a contractor for over a year before they reached out to me and asked if I would be willing to transition to a FTE position. All I can offer for those of you who find yourself in this position is to work your butt off and have a true commitment to delivering a quality product.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel that I was asked any difficult questions. They simply asked about my experience and my personal goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I calculated what I was making as a contractor, added in estimated "markups" for the various layers in my contract that was made up of other subcontractors, and then marked it down slightly to represent my requested salary. It was a whole lot more than I would have expected that I could ask for, but I did and they didn't blink an eye.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A telephone interview followed by 2 onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 months

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Greater Emphasis on Behavioral Question than Technical. Went over my resume, my background and why I was interested in applying for the company. They took a long time to get back to me with an response after frequently emailing them

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial emai, followup phone call and F2F interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary & Benefist

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Naperville, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

I did a quick phone inteview for the HR recruiter. Then a group interview at a Starbucks in Naperville. They asked a few standard interview questions and explained the position. They interview stopped going well when they asked what type of Networking experience I had. Of course I haven't had much.

Interview Questions

• How much Networking experience do you have?   1 Answer