Hewlett-Packard Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (O'Fallon, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I was switched from one support contract that expired with another tech company to HP. Due to this transition, there really wasn't much of an interview process. We had one call with very basic questions and were practically guaranteed the job.

Interview Questions

• Again, with the situation I was in, there really was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There may have been a chance to negotiate, but i didn't want to chance not getting it. Only negotiate is you have room to.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2014.

Interview

I received a mail regarding a walk - in interview for the same position at HirePro consultancy in Koramangala, Bangalore on July 16, 2014. HirePro is outsourced recruitment center for Hp. Upon arrival, we have to register our CVs along with a passport size photo followed by an online registration with details of candidates to be filled in at the consultancy.

The interview consisted of 5 Rounds:
    1. GD (Self Introduction round - 30 secs and general topic talk - 1 min).
    2. Communication/Accent check round.
    3. Online Technical Test (30 questions on OS, Networking, Hardware and Aptitude).
    4. Technical Interview.

The interviewers were very friendly and the interview process was simple. The process took entire day. (9.30 am - 5.00 pm)

5. HR round and documents verification - I was called on July 23, 2014 for HR round. Register the CV online at hp's career website. HR interviewer takes an interview which was friendly and easy. He/She checks the documents (10th, 12th, UG, PG, Previous offer letters, pay slips etc) followed by registration for third party Background verification process. (This took me 4 hours and may vary depending on the number of candidates available for verification)

Background verification took precisely 1 month for me and this can vary from candidate to candidate. IT takes anywhere from 21 to 40 working days as you will be working in the payroll of hp directly. My date of joining is allotted for Sept 3, 2014 and was intimated regarding the same on August 23, 2014 via mail.

Interview Questions

• Will you leave hp if I was offered Software developer job with another equally good MNC for a higher pay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary as I they give good salary based on your experience

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

1] Got the mail from a job-portal. Interviewed at HirePro Consulting Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore.
    2] The job was Voice support in networking .
    3] Lengthy process: i) Initial registration of personal data.
    ii) Introduction round(vocabulary check).
    iiI)Group Discussion(quite easy).
    iv)Face to face Voice and Accent round.

Got rejected in the Voice and accent round, hence am not sure about further rounds. But according to other interviewees atleast two technical rounds after that, before you are selected.