Hewlett-Packard Technology Consultant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Technology Consultant I Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I was called by Hewlett Packard after giving my resume three times. I was only interviewed once by the manager. She didn't ask me any technical questions but rather about my achievements and what I contributed to my last job. If I recall correctly she asked me what I wanted to do in 5 years for my career, and what I was interested in for the job. Note I didn't know what the career was when I applied.

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. For me the salary was okay as compared to my last one.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Technology Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Interview

All in the same day:
    First Step: English review
    Second Step: Logical review and exercises
    Third Step: Group interview and interaction
    Fourth Step: Face to Face interview with HR consultant
    Fifth Step: Face to Face interview with the Manager

Interview Questions

• How do you face with difficult situations? What was your last project about?
      Are you proactive?
      Very general question about soft skills since the junior profile I applied for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Easy

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Taguig (Philippines)).

Interview

I submitted my CV online and after 2 weeks I got an invitation for an interview with the managers.

Interview was a breeze, more on conversational, conflict-management, decision-making questions, no technical questions asked. The hiring managers were both accommodating and thoroughly explained the job role of the position I am applying to.

Interview Questions

• When is the time you'd become tactful to someone? (Unexpected)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got a phone call from HR telling they're offering me the job. Accepted the offer, signed the contract and undergone to their pre-employment requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviews are dependent on what team you are applying for. There would usually be 3 interviews. Initial interview (phone), 1st interview, and 2nd interview with team leads.
    Dress in formal clothes, look professional during your interview. Be enthusiastic, but do not babble. Make sure to highlight your skills in the interview even if you have little. They would be looking at how you cope with stress and incidents.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position? Explain your projects shown in your resume.
      They will also ask technical questions if you are already experienced.   1 Answer

Technology Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Makati City (Philippines)) in January 2012.

Interview

They offer an employee referral program which lets you go straight to an interview. You will be contacted by your HR contact person to say that you have been referred for interview. The first one is with a team lead and if you pass you will get contacted again to be interviewed by a manager which is USUALLY the final interview before the job offer.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, all the questions are pretty standard. most difficult was your weakness which i guess is pretty standard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Taguig (Philippines)) in August 2011.

Interview

I got a call from the manager of the team where i was being considered.
    On the interview day itself I got the the office 30 minutes before the designated time but the interview started 2 hrs after the designated time.
    The interview was a normal interview. The manager asked about my experiences written in my resume. They also asked about my strengths and weaknesses. Practically a normal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiation process it was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in October 2010.

Interview

There is an initial paper screening done for all referrals and resumes submitted via online.

If you pass the paper screening, the first communication is via a phone interview. They will be asking for your educational background and mostly about your achievements in school.

If you passed the first interview, they will be asking you to come on-site for another interview with a Team lead and/or a manager. The questions varies from technical stuff to educational background/achievements again for fresh graduates. Most likely they will look for your willingness to adapt and learn new things.

There might be a 3rd interview depending on how fit you are with the department that interviewed you. If you are still not fit with the department but you passed the interview, they will likely set you with another interview with another team.

The last meeting should be the job offer.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected but most likely they will ask for your thesis and have it explained to them. This could be hard if your thesis is very technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is done by teams. Once you are fit in that team and you pass the interview, they find a suitable position for your skills and interests. If you are not fit for the team but you pass the interview, they submit your application to another team that maybe fits your skill set. Then that team conducts the interview. HR goes last and there you get the job offer.

Negotiation

Almost no negotiation involved. They give you an offer then that's it.

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Taguig (Philippines)) in February 2010.

Interview

2 Interviews - One technical and 1 interview with the manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Taguig (Philippines)) in September 2008.

Interview

Prior to graduation, HP contacted my university and got a roster of top students from the graduating batch. We were invited to a fast track program. I was interested and confirmed attendance. During the event, we were given an overview of HP, history of HP and the HP Way. Right after that, we had a fast track interview process. One manager would select a candidate and interview there and then if he/she passes, that candidate will be hired. The candidates at that time have not yet graduated but were already hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging experience? and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't experience that because I was a fresh graduate and at that time HP's fresh graduate offer was pretty good.