Hewlett-Packard Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dallas, TX).

Interview

One Phone Interview & One technical in person interview. The phone call was with three members of the team which I joined and each individual asked questions. The technical questions was focused upon asking previous experiences as well as finding feasible solutions to Operating system complications with regards to memory and speed as well as exposure to testing framework plus scripting languages

Interview Questions

• There were alot of testing framework and Scripting bases question   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since it was an internship

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (El Paso, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

four different interviews, one with a current Hewlett Packard tester, another one with the recruiter from hewlett packard, third one with my current manager, a fourth one with the client's manager

Interview Questions

• command too stop a process in Autosys   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the salary over the phone call with the recruiter, I tried to negotiate over the phone and recruiter declined, I accepted the offer on the same call (maybe I could have negotiated more)

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chennai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially the HR from the Talent Acquisition team picked my profile and confirmed my availability (thru phone on Feb 9,2017).
    Then 2 days later, I got a call from technical person for a technical telephonic interview(landline number) and it lasted for 35 mins.
    Then again 2 days later (15th February) I got a call from the Manager and asked me to come for the Face to Face discussion the next day i.e. on 16th February 2017.
    I went to the office and had the face to face discussion which for 30 mins.
    Then I was asked for the Salary expectation, notice period negotiation,etc,etc...
    The Manger told me the work timings for the project, country of the client all those stuff.
    And at last while leaving he said these..
    "Alright..We are discussing about the date of joining.Don't get panic. HR will call you in 2 days.. Maximum of 3 days.. You can leave now."

But still now I didn't receive any call from them. Since I don't have any of their contact number, I couldn't reach them.:(

(When i tried to the HR number, it says " The number you have dialed could not be found")..

Interview Questions

• Initial screening and questions regarding software Testing.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Went onsite for interview through an external agent, went there to only hear that my profile is not suitable for the position. Instead of being prepared to take the interview, they were trying to understand it in front of me with question marks. Panel should be prepared and also value the candidates time and effort.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chennai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

1st day is of Apps and Group Discussion. Results were announced by the evening for Aps and Gd, the next day. 2nd day, Technical Interview was mostly based on the scenarios and the methodologies used. Few were from the Automation(UFT) and then 2 HR rounds.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario based. How'll you apply testing methodologies depending upon the given scenario   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

It started with written test assessed by MeritTrac so standard of test was good. Following by one technical round and then Manager round, lastly HR round for collecting documents and all.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Prague (Czech Republic)) in October 2012.

Interview

none - i applied with my CV and got contacted directly by my manager.