Hewlett-Packard Thermal Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Thermal Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Pretty informal interview process for new hires. You interview with about 5 or 6 thermal engineers and/or managers on site.
Questions cover the general background questions, how do you deal with multi-tasking projects, how do you deal with conflict in the workplace.
Also questions regarding why would you like to join our team are asked.

Interview Questions

• General questions about thermal estimates relative to skin, burns, PCB temps, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Received an email from the hiring manager 2-3 days after applying for the position, who asked to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simply a brief review of my skills and competencies and a detailed description of job responsibilities. Manager was friendly and positive, and stated that I would be contacted by HR to set up an on-site interview. Travel was arranged within the week by the company, and the on-site interview, conducted a week later, involved several 1:1 discussions with various members of the team. Team members were most interested in my research topics and understanding of heat transfer, and they welcomed my questions about their work. The interview process took about 4 hours, ending with the manager informing me that I can expect an offer. A day later, an official offer was extended, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a software issue (the job description said nothing of programming)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Before leaving I informed the manager of other offers and interviews I was expecting (without getting too specific), and I believe that helped expedite the hiring process to some degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

1st round phone interview.
    2nd round on-site interview. This was conducted in Houston, TX. Planning was done well before hand and I was booked a hotel room and was offered expenses componsated (food, gas, etc.). The interview was a 3-4 process of meeting managers, employees, and touring the facilities. The interview was fairly informal.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a computer geek?   1 Answer