Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erskine, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Erskine, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Surprisingly open and colloquial questioning around the role applied for and its demands. Lack of technical questions and competencies, more focus on the workplace environment and potential to gel with the current team and improve processes. 1-to-1 which took place in a meeting room on the campus, lasting around 75 minutes. Poor individual feedback having been unsuccessful, "no negatives, candidate with more directly applicable experience".

Interview Questions

• How open are you to frequent business travel within the UK?   1 Answer

Graduate 3D Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2016.

Interview

Seemed very unprofessional and unorganised, coinsidering this was the European HQ. I got an email asking to interview me at 7:30pm, for the following morning at 10:30am. I had finished work at 6 and only by chance decided to check my emails before going to bed at 11pm. The interview itself was a bit embarrassing as it turned out the job description was very misleading and the job included several things I wasn't willing to do - so overall a waste of time for both parties. At the end of our phone call I didn't want the job anymore, so I had no hard feelings for not being selected - I'm assuming I wasn't selected since the HR never got back at me afterwards.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newcastle, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Spotted vacancy on-line, contacted HP HR rep. Was asked to attend recruitment event. At this event I had informal chat type interview with another PM. Following this I was invited to formal interview at premises.

Interview Questions

• About "Qualitative Project Management"   1 Answer

Graduate Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The whole recruitment process was a shambles. I was informed that I would be called for a phone interview, this never happened. I ended up calling them the day before the assessment centre and insisted on a phone interview. The questions were competency based, and the lady who I spoke with was very nice. I then went to the assessment centre and was successful and offered a role in Bracknell to start the following September after I had graduated.

In July I was asked to come into the Bracknell head office for a discussion about my role. I was then told that I would need to go to their office in Erskine, Scotland, as the scheme was better. We communicated more and it became very clear that this wasn't the case. They kept messing me around from that day about location and role. So I decided enough was enough and declined my offer.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bracknell, England (UK)).

Interview

There was a telephone interview followed by assessment centre. In the assessment centre we were divided into groups and were given a timetable for the day. The tasks included: 1:1 interview, pre-prepared presentation, group task, written case study.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you have had a scheduling conflict, and explain how you prioritised.   Answer Question

Experienced Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through the online portal, and received a telephone call from HR two days afterwards. The interview process was clearly communicated to me, and I was incredibly impressed with how smoothly everything went. Everyone I spoke to throughout the process was extremely friendly and professional, asking challenging questions whilst allowing me to feel relaxed enough to be myself. Of all the interviews I have experienced during my career, these were the most enjoyable and gave the most favourable impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Some traditional competency questions, and other less traditional questions that make you think!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer so it was not necessary.

Business Executive Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for a general marketing internship through the HP website, a few days later I was contacted by someone from the HR department with a slightly different job that I was still interested in, a few days later I had an initial screening interview with HR, and then a few days later I was contacted to arrange a second interview with the hiring manager. Because I was out of the country the allowed me to do both interviews by phone. I was told in the second interview that I was one of three final candidates and a decision would be made in three days.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your schedule during the week?   1 Answer
    • How do you work with long term deadlines   Answer Question
    • Very typical strengths and weakness questions   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

First round interview with HR. I was asked to run through my CV. Next rounds were with several managers that were asking me different questions about my previous career. They were almost friendly during the interview process, challenging me several times but without pushing too much.

Interview Questions

• How could you position an HP solution if the customers is using competitors products?   Answer Question

ITO Business Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bracknell, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy online application process, received an email 2 days later inviting me to an interview for a different role (the ITO role) which apparently I was 'better suited to' than the one for which I had previously applied.

Phone interview: basic questions such as why do you want to work for HP, how do you think the skills which you have listed in your CV will help you in the applied job role. Asked a number of competency based questions based on my experience written in my CV and online application such as 'how did you deal with a difficult client' and 'when have you worked best in team' - nothing too technical! And nothing to do with IT at all despite the fact that the role is IT focussed. Was told immediately after that I had passed the phone interview, with the interviewer being very complimentary. Currently waiting on an email to arrange a time / date for the assessment centre.

Best advice is to really sound passionate about HP, link all your answers back to how they are applicable to the role, and know your CV as well as the job description well / have it in front of you so that for questions such as "why do you think you are suited for this role" or "tell me about the time when... (something you have listed in your CV)". For me, having it in front helped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work well in a team   1 Answer

IT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Online interview then an assessment day. Online interview was with pre recorded questions, hard to know if you have done well as there is no feedback from a person. Assessment day was relatively easy and it was carried out in a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Group work which required escaping from a desert island, then a one on one interview followed by a technical exam.   Answer Question