Hewlett-Packard Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Vice President Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Flown in for intensive day. Interviewed by 7 different people. Senior executive did not show causing a change to the program. This was my first hint that there were problems in this area. Desks were empty in a large way was my second hint. Offer was very thorough and came by email within 5 days of the process. Was uncertain about the future of this team. Hindsight was spot on target.

Interview Questions

• Did not expect to be interviewed by person I was to replace.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Multiple interviews directly with hiring manager and other executives. Very little HR engagement. Executives open 's about issues facing company and employees. Challenging to fit interviews into limited schedule provided to me.

Interview Questions

• How would I introduce change management and specify those steps.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Financial flexibility within reason. Other benefits no or little flexibility.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Too slow and drawn out. There was clearly no agreement internally to the remit of the role or its start date, which has repercussions on my ability to execute. The warning signs were there but overlooked by the prospect of joining another "blue chip" company.

Be warned, many roles are recruited to meet "internal goals" whilst the the ability to execute is not really there. In retrospect, I would ask for any promises / discussions on remit to be given in writing (as they seem to have disappeared over time). Restated, the role I was hired into doesn't really exist, except in name only. In reality, the role was filled to meet an internal commitment (likely a manager's personal MBO, etc.) and no improvement to the business was expected.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working in a matrixed organization? How do you expect to achieve your stated goals based upon these limitations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Too slow. Each phase of negotiation was sent internally to a "Total Rewards" team which meets weekly (at best). Even though they have no involvement in the recruiting process, they are given the sign-off approval of all details of each role. This team sits in the States but makes decisions globally.

The package is weak regarding stock, incentives.
    There is also a culture of removing elements of any package "on the sly."

Watch out for comments such as "we have a standard contract format" (built within the States), or "that is outside of our guidelines" (it is a mis-representation - many requests are within guidelines, but require "due diligence" internally, so are not acted upon).