Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Federal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started with an internal HP headhunter. The headhunter was very hard to reach or nail down for a time to interview. Times were scheduled and he was unable to keep the appointment. Once I finally got past this step I interviewed (phone) with the Manager looking to fill the position. I passed that interview and had another with a counterpart who was in a different position within HP. That also went well and I was told that both interviews went well and they wanted to move forward and would call me the following week to setup an in person interview. The call never came. I made calls to both managers and headhunter to inquire about next steps and received no replies. Two weeks letter I received an form email saying the position was no longer open. Not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How I prospected for new business?   1 Answer

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

The VP reached out to me based on my resume and then had her admin set me up with 5 or 6 peer interviews as well as the VP Sales I would support.

VSB Field Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

phone interview initially to see if I had the techinical expertise, then one on one interview with sales manager and technical support manager with more specific and targeted questions.The interview was very relaxed and they made me very at ease. The interviewer was very nice and pleasant with the process. Not probing and made me feel as I was a valuable commodity and something that they desired to have on their team. When the interview was over I knew I had the job.

Network Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

The position was a NOC Technican for the US Military where Northrop Gruman was the primary and HP ES the sub contractor. I went to the Army site and a NOC Manager who was form NG interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Can you identify 3 ways to troubleshoot network connectivity.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very aimicable no stress.

Interview Questions

• Can I create a printer cable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was the least difficult of many I've done. I was able to get a 10% raise from my previous position.

Technology Consultant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

A group interview was done over the phone. They asked technical questions related to the products that I would be supporting. Areas covered included planning for upgrades and troubleshooting issues/problems,

Interview Questions

• How would you plan for a major migration to a different platform. If problems were encountered during a particular process how would you handle it. Can you describe the product interacted with the operating system.   Answer Question

Web Designer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with manager and future coworker. They described a front-end design and development position, which was quite exciting. The position ended up having multiple requirements that were niether explored, described, or referenced during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Would I mind working on editing and content management a small amount of the time?   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

The technical interview was conducted by existing staff over the phone. Next a company recruiter followed up a couple months later with a set of questions sent via email. Shortly after, an interview was set up with the customer on the contract. The interview with the customer went fairly smooth, since the interviewer was a senior manager for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with Windows Server 2008 R2.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in May 2008.

Interview

question on Oracle locks, question on perl, unix

Interview Questions

• Was asked to write a perl script to remove empty space at end of each line   1 Answer