Hexagon Software Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hexagon (New York, NY).

Interview

MCQ and technical and HR interview.which was pretty easy.few questions regarding operating systems ,databases and data structures.basic coding questions.some algorithms questions,sorting is what i remember.hr was also easy .mostly was like a conversation than hr interview

Other Interview Reviews for Hexagon

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hexagon in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career fair. Within a week I talked with a hiring manager, for roughly 40 minutes. No follow-up interview; got an offer the same day. Offers seem to be based on resume strength.

Software Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an off campus interview. After the aptitude test, I was qualified to the Technical round.I was asked some basic programming questions. I had another technical round with senior manager.It was a bit tough asking to write programs in C++ for length.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hexagon (Madison, AL) in June 2011.

Interview

Day 01) Telephone Interview with HR
    Day 08) In person 1:1 x3 Interview (all same day, technical questions asked)
    Day 17) Panel interview 1:8 (you get a tour of the work area if they like you, personality and resume based interview)
    Day 31) Job offer with 48 hours to respond

Interview Questions

• Describe how your past work experience could be relative to this job position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hexagon (Madison, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview started around 8:00 A.M. I was sent to a member of HR first to discuss benefits, compensation, and etc. After that, I interviewed with about 4 departments and 4 different people. They quizzed me on behavioral, career, and some programming concepts ( create a linked list, polymorphism, OOP, and etc.). Each interview took about 30mins to an hour. Then some of the management took me out to eat(They paid for it of course.). When we got back, I had about 3 more interviews to go to similar to the ones they had before. After this was all done (around 4:30), they tested me with modifying a primitive calculator program (The dialect of Visual C that it was written in was before my time.).

Overall, a very tiring interview. I felt as if I deserved the job after going through all of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hexagon (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Written Test: Aptitude (30 Question, 30 Mins) and C-Programming (25 Question, 25 Mins)
    They also included a set of basic mechanical branch questions in the programming section. Most of the C questions were to identify the outcome/error

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hexagon (Warangal (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of 1 written test(consist of general aptitude/reasoning/English and programming questions ), 2 Technical interview and HR round.
    It was college campus drive, team of 9 members came for drive. PPT started at sharp 10:20 am, however they were supposed be there by 9:30.(first impression of company # not punctual).
    PPT was really long they will explain all the sectors they are working on it last for around 40 mins.
    Now time came for written test, there were two parts one is for aptitude/reasoning and another for technical. let me discuss section by section
    Aptitude- question from Time and work, trains, pipe and cistern, cubes, mixture and allegation, profit and loss, percentage and probability.
    Reasoning- Pie chart, blood relation, coding-decoding and graph.
    English- Synonyms, antonyms.(2+2 questions)
     It was paper based exam for 25 question they have given 20 mins. then same was for technical paper.
    here the question were mixture from all the branches - From C- language they have given a code (pointers, loops) and asked what would be output in MCQs. then from mechanical, civil, electrical, most of the question were from c- language.

In written 40% of the student got selected.

Here comes interview then 2 Technical and 1 HR. it was lengthy. Four panels were there each of two interviewers .

Interview Questions

• My interview description -Technical 1
      Tell me about yourself, your family . ( just to make conversation lighter)
      tell me about your project.(as i did it experimentally as well as theoretically) he was satisfied. (My confidence level was on peak)
      he asked abstract questions (exactly 3)from project i countered them easily .
      later he asked me technical questions from core, as i was sound in the core it seemed too easy to me.
      then they asked a puzzle 3 same height jars different dia having volumetric capacity of 12 ltr(full of water), 8 ltr(empty), and 5 ltr(empty). how will you measure 6 ltrs of water.
      a tricky one took 3 to 4 mins for me to solve that. it overs here
      Then comes Technical-2
      Director and one HR - same question tell me about your self and then about the city where i am from, I am from Indore so i talked a truck load things about Indore, they were amazed and convinced that Indore is best in all the aspects.
      then starts Technical interview he asked basic concept from almost all the subjects even from physics. I was a kind of enjoying answering those question. the interview last for around 40 mins. (Director did handshake two times)
      At last the HR
      it was the longest and most interesting interview i ever had,
      Starer question was same Tell me about yourself, family and education.
      they asked from resume, extra curricular activities my hobbies.
      what are your goals / where do you see yourself after 5 years( I nailed this one )
      I am writing this answer, it could help you out and shut others mouth.
      Sir,
      I have categorized my goals in three categories, first short term- what are my today's tasks like waking up on time, get bathe, have break-fast, spent time on reading book, college work, market work etc. and checking efficiency o f my own on daily basis.
      Mid term goals defines my upcoming events like exams are there, i have to write a paper to publish and work according to timeline given.
      In long term it always been vague to me how to say about it; I see it in two ways personal life and professional life. but i have certain set of rules and ideas to deal with and how i would react, how my self esteem should be. frankly speaking i am not sure about professional life because in this digital era we can't be sure. Life has become so fast, so its time dependent thing.
      In case of personal life i have long term goals/ objectives. Time i can spend with family, three to four tours in a year anywhere in world. Have one gypsy and one Royal Enfield or Dominar. Read a book every week.
      they were awestruck listening to my answer (there were other things too that i said but i can't write exactly now).
      They asked how do you deal with failure?
      I related the answer with a number of anecdotes.
      They were desperate to know more about me my philosophy.
      How do you deal with situation when everything is not according to you?
      Why reading books you consider helps one person ?
      What your classmates will say about you when you are not around?
      What do you say about PSU and private what do you want and why?
      Do you have any question ?
      I asked !
      about how do we grow and get promotions, what is the procedure, how do you decide department for employees?
      and that is all
      At last results came out only 10 % made it and i was first in the list.   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surathkal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hexagon (Surathkal (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Apti 30 min 25 question from quant& apti and 25 from C apti and general questions and then 2 rounds of interview and then there was final hr round.Prepare for puzzles and have aptitude for basic coding that would suffice.Detailed knowledge of coding is not required.They just check your learning ability.Thats it

Interview Questions

• Basic puzzles and logic for simple codes like sorting if you don't come from cs/it branch   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hexagon (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The first round is pen and paper test, Aptitude 25 questions 20 minutes and Programming 25 questions 20 minutes.I qualified first round.among 150 members 17 gets shortlisted.Then in those 17 members by They selected 5 members by conducting HR and TR. Actually they recruited only those who gone through both HR and TR round.They didn't even took the both rounds, Because they ran out of time.It's my worst experience.

Interview Questions

• Did you get the offer in your campus?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hexagon (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview, one technical round and one HR round. First telephonic interview. I got selected. Then they called me for technical round. After that there is HR round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change the company   1 Answer