Hexcel Early Career Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hexcel (Casa Grande, AZ).

Interview

Applied roughly March, got first phone interview on 26 of June 2017 with the HR manager. The program they used cut out a couple times and had to recall. Interview lasted about 45 mins. Had second phone interview on July 11, 17 with two current engineer people at the site in Casa Grande, AZ. That interview also got cut out once and had to re-call them. Interview lasted about 17 mins. Got selected to have the onsite assessment. This consisted of a presentation of a technical project that you played a key role in and demonstrates your technical abilities. I then had three other interviews with groups of 2-3 people. I also had a dinner with some of the Hexcel staff the night before. This happened the 27-28 of August, 2017. Primarily wanted to know if I was flexible and if I got along well with others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team project you were in, what was your responsibility, what were the technical challenges and how they were resolved and was the project a success or failure and why?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Hexcel?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone and how you dealt with it   1 Answer
  • What are your career aspirations? (short term and long term goals?)   Answer Question
  • What would your boss say about you? (or if we asked your boss, what would be three things he/she would say about you?)   Answer Question
  • What is something you need to improve upon? (aka what is a weakness you have?)   Answer Question
  • what was your role at *such and such company*? (Resume specific questions)   Answer Question
  • What was one of the most challenging things you had to do there?   Answer Question
  • Why did you leave your previous employers?   Answer Question
  • How were the day to day interactions with the people you worked with at *such and such company*?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? (specific environment like design, or hardware or software, manufacturing, etc…)   Answer Question
  • Lots of specific questions that required specific examples.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hexcel

Early Career Program Interview

Interview

A brief general phone call followed by a call with a manager. The HR person was friendly and asked generic questions about resume and candidate. The manager introduced the job and plant details. The last is an on-site interview at the plant.

Interview Questions

• List 3 words your references would say about you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hexcel (Anaheim, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Got an email 2 months later to set up a phone interview. First interview was an HR interview with typical personality based questions. Second phone interview was a technical interview, where they asked about my research experience and what I knew about their research. After that, they would have done an on-site interview, but I didn't get that far.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you had conflict. How did you solve this?   Answer Question

Early Career Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hexcel.

Interview

A whole day at site in Salt Lake City. This day started with all candidates arriving together (~10) for a stated 3 positions. Each gave a presentation to ~5 people while others interviewed. There was a group lunch and longer interviews with potential supervisors.

The interviews were straight forward, mostly behavioral questions. Not too many technical questions.

Did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mostly.   1 Answer