Hibu Account Executive/Media Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hibu Account Executive/Media Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Hibu

2.5

Account Executive/Media Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. This was in an earlier time before the culture of the company changed. I can't speak much to the current process. The training I received was a mix of good education on the marketplace and sales process and learning systems which were never put in place.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hibu

Account Executive/Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hibu.

Interview

Interview process pretty basic. They want to know if you're willing to work hard, be a team player and fit in with culture. I met with 3 managers in one day and then did a ride along with another salesman. Spent the day going on sales calls and making cold calls with him. I could ask him any question and felt he answered them honestly. After that there was one more interview with the person who eventually became my direct manager. Nothing very stressful about the whole process, I think the main thing they look for is drive, commitment and fit.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position? Why would you be a good fit with our office?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You take what they offer..

Account Executive/Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hibu in October 2012.

Interview

Dueing interview they asked me about skill sets, about my objectives including strength & weakness. How to deal with upset customers. How to handle difficult situations and overall how to make customer happy
    My overall experience was very good

Account Executive/Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hibu in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy, but they don't ask you the real questions if you're young and right out of college because they think they can get you to work a lot. They ask a lot of easy questions and don't tell you how grueling the work really is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hibu (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

My interview experience was rather disappointing. I was contacted by an outside recruiting firm regarding the position. The recruiter was very excited about the position and the perks and benefits that came along with the opportunity were excellent, making me want to work for this company. The recruiter was great to work with, but when time came to interview with the Regional/Area Director, I became skeptical of this company. These area directors I interviewed with need some serious training in interview skills. My first interview was to be with two Directors. I show up and I find out I am only meeting with one since they decided to change up the process. I was invited back for a second interview and it went very well and was told I would be contacted in the coming days to schedule the ride along day, which is the third and final phase. I did my thank and follow ups and never heard back. The area director never returned my calls or responded to email. Highly disappointed.

I was told there would be a book of business from the start. This is not true. You have to prove yourself for about 6 months or so and then they give you a book of business. I was also told by one of the Directors that if you're not on plan to meet a certain salary, you will be fired. For example, if you're on pace to make $65,000, you're not doing a good job and expect to be terminated because you're not selling enough. Granted, your base pay, including the allowances is just over $40,000. Found this to be odd.

One question I was asked was "what would you do with an extra $20,000 to $25,000 per year in extra compensation? What are your goals and what would you do with that money?" My answer was simple enough and stated I had some goals to work on my home and take care of some issues, like replacing a door, kitchen floor and some new appliances, the director was not satisfied with that answer and told me it was "stupid." Sorry, but I don't need to go and run out to buy some expensive car with a car payment or to "show off." This was so lame and when I began to feel skeptical about hibu.

Do your research on hibu. They went through some transitions in years past and paper to have had some serious financial issues.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an extra $20,000 per year in income?   Answer Question

Account Executive/Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hibu in January 2009.

Interview

I was contacted directly by a manager and given a quick run down of the position. Just a few days later I interviewed for the position. The next day I went on a ride along and about 2 hours after leaving the office was called with a job offer.