Hibu Web Content Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hibu Web Content Writer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hibu

2.5

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

I originally saw an ad for a Career Fair/Open Interview Day on Craiglist and decided it wouldn't hurt to go. I applied online beforehand to cut down on any paperwork time as it was suggested in the Craigslist ad. There were many other people present, leading to what seemed like an overflow of applicants (which is good for them as they were apparently hiring for many positions at the time). During the day, applicants took a 45 minute writing test and a 15 minute proofreading/editing test. Both tests were not incredibly difficult; the writing test asked applicants to compose a page for various fake companies (I had received a roofing company).

Due to my own time restrictions for the day and having been in the building for three hours without an interview, I asked an HR representative if I could schedule a make-up interview later in the week. He said he would contact me after they had reviewed my test. A day later I received an email asking for my availability for an interview that week; the next day (day three of the application process), I had an interview with one of the Adworks associate managers. After the interview was over, I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important quality in online writing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were really no negotiations. It was a "take it or leave it" offer for $16.79 an hour plus benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for Hibu

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hibu (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Take tests for editing and customer service skills. Meet with supervisors, answering standard questions.

Web Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hibu.

Interview

A test for writing web copy for a roofing company, then a 45 minute customer service test, then an interview. If they ask if you're deadline oriented, expand on how your deadlines were often and you always met them, otherwise you probably end up like me and not get the job because you answered the question with a simple Yes. if the interview's short, then you're probably SoL.

Interview Questions

• They asked what the toughest call I had to make in a business setting was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Interview

The interview process was quick. Moving from a phone interview with a non-company staffing agency recruiter to the on-site interview took only 9 days. Having had my on-site interview today, I am still waiting to see if I will be hired or not. I should hear by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the most important considerations when writing for the Web? Describe a creative project you worked on.   Answer Question

Web Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hibu in January 2014.

Interview

The process is pretty simple: You take some screening tests when you arrive including a call-in scenario and a writing test. The scores are drawn up quickly and then you go in for the actual face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you had to deal with a coworker breaking the rules.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was more of an immediate offer that didn't allow for negotiation beyond requesting a different shift than the one they originally offered me. That tidbit was also not recorded by the hiring manager in my file so it took much longer than it should have to switch.