Highmark Health Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Highmark Health Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Highmark Health

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Camp Hill, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

It took about a month to get a call for a face to face interview. It was behavorial type interview questions, fairly easy. I thought the interview went well. But still haven't heard as to whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and your coworker didn't agree on a task that you were doing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Highmark Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a basic interview consisting of behavioral questions. Asked why you want to work here, describe your experience, how you handle difficult situations. It was average, overall. Still haven't heard back from them yet, so hoping for the best.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks. Received email to schedule phone interview from recruiter. After passing phone screening, scheduled face to face interview. Very positive interview with two supervisors. Behavioral based questions. Went over job description and benefits. 2 days later received phone call from recruiter with job offer. Received email to complete drug screening and background check. Start date 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take on the leadership role at work?

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a irrate customer?

Why do you want to work at Highmark?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Had to do an online assessment. Didn't think It was going to get a call for an interview but after three weeks I was called in for a face to face.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

You are interviewed by 2 Supervisors. They explain to you the job, ask questions regarding past positions. They explain your work schedule in training is 8:15-5pm and you will be able to bid once out of training for another shift if desired, but fail to tell you it only happens every so often. They tell you that there’s a “discount” program for parking which is deducted from your pay but fail to tell you it remains at $70 a month (which is outrageous for parking) and that it WILL NOT be from day 1 of work whereas you’re paying $8.00 a day. You are basically put on a waitlist to be included. They expect you to arrive at 8:00A to have your systems up and running because of their awful computer systems which cause everything to freeze and not reboot properly (you won’t be paid from 8-5 though)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was called on the phone and was told about the position i was asked why did i think i would be a good fit for the position sition , was asked what i knew about the company. I was asked to describe my previous positions. And explain them in great details.i was asked if the downtown. Pittsburgh area. Was a good commute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Email after applied saying to schedule an assessment. Assessment consists of a 1.5 hour exam testing typing skills and other customer service type questions. If you pass the test, the administrator schedules you for an interview immediately afterwards (so make sure you are dressed appropriately). Interviews are scheduled over an hour after assessment. Hiring manager comes to get you at your interview time, takes you to cafeteria for interview (along with other hiring managers and interviewees). STAR format interview. You will get a phone call in about 3 weeks if you get the job, email if you do not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer, and what did you do to resolve the situation.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had a deadline, and how did you make that deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Camp Hill, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and passed the initial 50 question assessment. The next day I had another assessment which had six parts and took about an hour and a half. After this I was contacted in about two days for the face to face interview. The interview consisted of about 12 questions from the manager and IT help and was all behavioral questions. At the end of the interview I was told about what the company had to offer and was told they would be in contact with me. I received a call about two days later with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you know the customer was wrong and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating, they tell you what the pay is when they call back to offer the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Many behavioral customer service related questions. Be prepared!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when you had to tell a customer no?" "Tell me a time when a customer thought they were right but you had to explain to them that they weren't."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an e-mail a few days later to fill out a behavioral online assessment that took about 30 mins. They present statements about your character and you either agreed or disagreed. Next day I received another e-mail for an additional assessment. This took about 45 mins and they tested you on typing speed, logic problems, and customer service skills. The following day I got an e-mail saying to go to their website to set up a 1:1 interview with them at their headquarters.

The interview was the following week and took place in their cafeteria. It lasted about 45 mins and the interviewer (a manager from a different department who I have not seen since) looked over my resume to verify what she read and to elaborate on other things. She then asked 4 STEM questions ("Tell me a time when you dealt with a customer who was wrong") After that she extensively debriefed me on the position and asked me to read a prepared phone script to her. After that she opened it up for questions. The interview could of taken 30 mins, but with my questions it went an addition 20 - 25 mins.

I received a call from them 2 weeks later with a job offer. Later they e-mailed me the offer they discussed on the phone for me to agree with to in order to move forward in the process. After this they informed me that I had 5 business days to submit a drug test (Their offer was on a Tuesday so I had til next Tuesday to submit one.) Following that was an EXTENSIVE background check into my employment, education, and credit history. This process took about a week because they could not get in contact with one of my two required references.

After I submitted my drug test and my background profile was complete, I was informed within a day I got the job. Training for it started two weeks later

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to use multiple programs to find an answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable