Hill+Knowlton Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Interview Questions

Interviews at Hill+Knowlton Strategies

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process took place over 2-3 weeks from initial phone screen to offer. I was first called by a recruiter in New York for a quick phone screen, then had a phone interview, then a team interview, then a written test before the offer. Everyone was very friendly and there was constant communication throughout the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Unprofessional, very late, seemed disinterested and didn't want to be there, didn't seem to recommend the company themselves, wasn't sure what I would be working on or who I would report to, passed boss in hallway and didn't seem to know I was even coming in, seemed very disorganized

Interview Questions

• Previous Experience, Why I wanted to work for their company, how much I knew about their company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone call (maybe 30 minutes) and then asked to send over a diverse range of writings so they could look at my work. Still waiting to hear back - the next step is a call with several people in the office. HR person was lovely. Questions were normal, mostly about my background specifically about how it related to the position at hand.

Interview Questions

• How would your (different) background apply to the job at hand? (I have worked mostly in nonprofits.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

Simple interview. Talked about resume and background of clients in the office. Overall very pleasant interview. The entire process took quite some time for them to offer me a job, I had thought they had rejected me as it was a good month before I heard back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do research into standard PR salaries at other large PR firms and provide counter offers. Otherwise, H+K hands out low salaries unless you come in with salary requirements. Be firm.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

Referred for an intern position by employee referral. Fortunately, no pre-screen phone call and was called to schedule an in-person interview. Interviewed with department VP and a senior associate.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Several phone calls with different levels of management, very painless. First with a recruiter then with direct supervisor and finally with local general manager. Overall I felt my supervisor did a great job describing the position and outlining expectations. My general manager a little bit less but that is to be expected in a company where some people are embedded and others work a normal agency schedule.

Interview Questions

• Several questions pertaining to research and general questions about how I tackle issues. Mostly generic.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back very quickly. I set up an interview with a VP and was told to call at my interview time. I called at the set time and was told she was unavailable. The receptionist said that they would call me the next day to reschedule. I did not receive a call the next day so I called and left a message and sent an email. A few days passed and still nothing. This is very unprofessional. If they chose to move forward with another candidate I understand, but I'd appreciate a response after I took time off and made arrangements for an interview that was canceled without any prior warning.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was great. There were three rounds of interviews. The Hill & Knowlton office was welcoming and the employees were friendly. Interview was held by the hiring manager and department Vice President. It took roughly one week to hear back from the HR department and be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, but the interview was a great experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

They ask you a bunch of questions, answer them the best you can and then if you're lucky you will get a phone call or an email saying your hired. If you do, congrats, if you dont, sucks to be you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here at this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

One phone interview; two in person interviews with senior level management. Very conversational and casual. Very friendly and welcoming! Asked me to submit writing samples from my previous position. Very quick turn-around and hiring.