Hill+Knowlton Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

Corporate Communications Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

short interview, asked very basic interview questions, unfortunately they already had an internal candidate in mind for the position
    The two girls who interviewed me had previously been fellows, but were not that knowledgeable about the company overall

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by their recruiter the next day. I had a preliminary interview with her, followed by a phone interview with the fellowship coordinators, and then a third round phone interview with two account executives in a specific department. The phone interview with two of them on one end were confusing because I couldn't tell their voices apart. Additionally, for all three rounds, the interviewers asked me essentially the same questions. I would think that the questions should become more specific and less generic like "tell me about your PR background," "why PR?" etc. but this didn't really happen. After these three rounds and a decent amount of effort on my part, the human resources woman I'd communicated with sent me a generic automated rejection email. After one round, an automated message is fine, but after three interviews more effort on their part would have been polite. Annoying!

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I first got a phone call invitation through email in response to my resume submission. After the call went good, I was assigned a data/writing QA assignment, which I was allowed to work on for about 48 hours. After I submitted the assessment, I was quickly contacted to say I had passed to the last round, which consisted of an on-site interview with the team. I interviewed with 3 of the people I now work with, and they gave me space to talk about myself besides asking for my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?
      What is your work style? Independent or cooperative?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Don't be alarmed when they take awhile to get back to you or are disorganized with logistics. They may try to rattle you during the interview to see how you handle pressure; just stay calm and be yourself.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process at H+K was extremely organized and my HR contact was very communicative. I felt like they were very candid with me and provided me with updates throughout the process. During the interview process I had the opportunity to meet with both senior and more junior employees during the process, which provided me with a good perspective of the people who I would be working with. I also appreciated that everyone was very accommodating when it came to scheduling and were even willing to stay after hours to speak with me.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in hearing about my skill set and how interested I was in working on new business opportunities.   Answer Question

Digital Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

The HR professional guiding me throughout the interview process was extremely helpful and nice; however she was the only positive part of this interview process. The steps included a phone screening, in-person interview, and then a writing/skill assessment. The process took very long; if I was looking for immediate work I would have dropped out of the interview process because it took so long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process took place over 2-3 weeks from initial phone screen to offer. I was first called by a recruiter in New York for a quick phone screen, then had a phone interview, then a team interview, then a written test before the offer. Everyone was very friendly and there was constant communication throughout the whole process.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone call (maybe 30 minutes) and then asked to send over a diverse range of writings so they could look at my work. Still waiting to hear back - the next step is a call with several people in the office. HR person was lovely. Questions were normal, mostly about my background specifically about how it related to the position at hand.

Interview Questions

• How would your (different) background apply to the job at hand? (I have worked mostly in nonprofits.)   1 Answer

Data Analyst Fellw Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

they will email u for initial screening. After passing that personal interview on site. Then they give u writing assessment it is nothing to do with job position. They just want fellow should summarize the news article and write the sentiment about it. It is nothing to do with data analysis.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

Called in for in-person interview with two people from the division. Asked mostly about my experiences and sold the position really well. It turned out, the position didn't have much to do and the people I worked with seemed reluctant to even have me there. There seems to be a culture issue as well with management too stagnant and unresponsive to employee concerns.

Interview Questions

• What experiences and skills do you have manipulating data sets?   Answer Question