Hill+Knowlton Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hill+Knowlton Strategies

2.8

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Dallas, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone screen with their recruiter to go over my background and the role. I was then recommended to meet with 2 direct supervisors for the role for a 30-minute call. After the call, they asked me to take a written assessment with key questions about the client this role primarily works for. A week later, I received what appeared to be an automated rejection email and my inquiries to the interviewers about why they did not think I was a good fit were ignored.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an independent project that you've undertaken.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

Went through three rounds. One with HR, and two with the local office. Relatively simple, incredibly engaging team members. Seemed genuinely interested to understand my accomplishments, etc. Wanted to really understand why I was considering joining them. A big bonus was how open they were to answer my questions about culture, salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my greatest successes were, how I handle criticism, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

First you get an online assignment which you need to finish within an hour. If passed, you will get an on-site interview. The overall interview was effective and the chat with the supervisor is of great benefit.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Great interview process. The HR person was super accommodating and accelerated the process. The first round of interviews was over the phone with HR, then two rounds of in-person interviews and finally a writing test that asks you to draft content for social, press releases and client emails. The writing test is meant to test your skills and creative thinking.

Corporate Strategy Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

Phone Interview, Writing Assignment, Skype Interview. The phone interview was easy, a brief overview of the job and my skills. The writing assignment was challenging but interesting. You had 24 hours to complete it. Had a Skype interview with more detailed, harder questions.

Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

I went in for an in-person interview, met with a Senior Executive then met with the Vice President and then the HR Manager. I was told to send in writing samples and then waited a week and heard back with an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about prior internship experience and comfortability around pitching and writing.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. Initially, I spoke with a recruiter for the usual 30 minute call. Then, I interviewed in the office and met with my future supervisor (who dialed someone else in). After that, I completed a writing test and got an offer shortly after that pending a background check. Overall, it went quickly and everyone was really nice!

Public Relations Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies in January 2019.

Interview

The HRs began with a phone call interview. It was a pretty conversational interview, and they were particularly interested in my related experience. They would also introduce their clients and jobs in the agency. It was a pretty enjoyable chat between us even though I did not get to the second step.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied on the HK website and received a phone call from one of the talent managers for a phone screen/ preliminary interview, which was very basic get-to-know-you type of questions, along with her giving me information about the company and the position (very easy). Maybe a week later, I interviewed in person with two senior associates on the team who asked me about my experiences and skills. They asked very specific questions about my role in past internships and projects, as well as why I applied for the position and what I was looking for. The rest of the interview they allowed me to ask many questions. About a day later, I received an email that I moved on to another interview round, which consisted of a phone interview with two other people on the team who asked about my experience and asked more personality/ behavioral questions (also a very easy interview). After that interview, I did not hear back for about a week or two. For the final part of the interview process, I had to do a 24 hour writing assessment, which consisted of 3 parts (editorial calendar, competitive research, and media summary). It was a lot of work, but not too hard.
    Overall, the process was very easy and simple, however it took very long and there was a lot of waiting, which frustrated me a bit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experiences related to this role.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

Interview

First round of interview: phone interview with human resources
    Second round of interview: phone interview with a team
    Written accessment
    Offer after completion and I accepted the offer
    Completed the fellowship for a few months

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at H&K, what challenge did you face in your previos job, strength and weaknesses, what trend are you seeing right now.   Answer Question