Hill's Pet Nutrition Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hill's Pet Nutrition Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Completed a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Asked me about my background and why I was interested in the job and my salary requirements. About a week later they set up a greenjobs live interview where I was interviewed by two district managers. Both were very nice and made the interview feel comfortable. STAR based questions. Received an email a day later saying I was no longer a candidate. If you are light on experience and young, you will likely not get the job. They hi-lighted as their biggest concern: my age and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were in an unethical situation? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

The application process went through my school's career center. The interviewers were very friendly, and the questions were mostly behavioural questions, and the wholw interview was conversational.
    The interview lasted 40 to 50 mins.
    No phone interview. Just one on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I can negotiate the offer. They are very helpful.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

Two employees asking questions at a University. They were very nice.The atmosphere was relatively laid back. They explained the process fully and introduced themselves before they started asking me questions. I was able to ask many questions after the interview about their company, and they were very helpful with their answers. I was offered the position the same day as the interview. They seemed like they were genuinely interested in what I had to stay and asked follow up questions to all my answers. The questions were pretty standard and very manageable.

Interview Questions

• Questions:
      Talk about a time when you realized you took on more than you could handle.
      Talk about an example of when you created a project to promote sustainability.
      What is your least favorite class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then did an Short 30 minute HR interview talking about previous experience and what the position would entail. Then, after about a week or two went into a panel interview where I interviewed with the DM, HR, and National Account Manager. Interview process was about 90 minutes consisting of previous work experience, dealing with customers, and what I would do to meet sales goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

sent an email package with multiple attachments which included offer letter. Tried to negotiate higher but they said that is the pay grade they start off with for the TM's

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition.

Interview

HR Manager, District Manager and Regional Manager made up the panel. Comfortable setting. They asked to go over the resume and why I wanted to work for the company. Asked about a situation in which I had to break the rules; example and thought process behind how I reacted

Interview Questions

• Have you ever found yourself in an unethical situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Covington, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, we went over my resume and then set up a phone interview. After my phone interview I was selected to do a video interview with 2 district managers a couple of days later. One day later I was sent an email saying that I wouldn't be a good fit for the position. In my interview I was told the position was open for over a year. (huge red flag)

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS).

Interview

Phone interview and then you are taken in for two in-person interviews. The first interview will be done with HR and two Senior Managers. The second in-person interview will be with upper management and most likely take place over lunch.

Consultant Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with one person from human resources that was mainly about my resume. Then, I was invited back for a video conference with three people for 1 hour. The video conference was with one person from human resources, the leader of the team, and a former member of the team. They asked several behavioral questions, and they wanted them answered in 5 sentences or less.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial application and administrative process took 3 months. Total of 3 interviews: one over the phone, one on Skype, and the final in person. After the Interviews, you perform a ride-along with an existing territory manager. After the ride along an initial offer is given. entire process took 6 months.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hill's pet Nutrition and the importance of nutrition in pet foods?   1 Answer

EOHS Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Richmond, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional. I was interviewed by two employees, the EOHS manager and one of her subordinates. Asked me mostly questions about my past experience and how I handled specific situations