Hill's Pet Nutrition Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hill's Pet Nutrition

3.1

Operating Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Richmond, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

Complex questions, multiple intreviews, interviewed by team of people for each interview. Use STAR method. Score each question based on providing situation, task, action, result, and was outcome positive, was answer relevant. As a new hire, you go thru phone screen, one on one, panel, then lastly are judged on team interaction/problem solving exercise.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with your superior, what was the situation, how did you address it, what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Operation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition.

Interview

STAR System, a systemic where they ask a question and you answer telling situation, task at hand, action did and results from the action. Packet and written from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficulty you faced recently and what did you do to overcome that problem and find a solution?   Answer Question
    • Tell a time when you had no solution and how did you proceed with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell a time that you had a difficult time working with a member in a group assignment. What did you do while facing this situation?   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Richmond, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

A joke.there iswho have been in the plants an no team concept. You will be interviewed by indviduals whom have no real life experiences. The one who interviewed where the laziest of th lot.

Interview Questions

• TYhey are big into the situation questions. They have to full of rehotric because they have no real hard core principles to ask. They subjectively pick and chose by good old boy system   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will tell you one thing and do the oppositie,

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS) in April 2011.

Interview

Tedious. Long. Too many people to interview with. Follow up was very slow. Interviwers seemed disinterested. Overkill. But, got the job. Really one area that this company needs to improve drastically.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS) in May 2011.

Interview

Typical interview experience for a marketing position. Initial interview was a phone screen with HR, then one on one on site interviews a few weeks later. Interviews were with the person I would be replacing, the hiring manager and other directors from the department. The interviews were very professional and were about my experience and how that would translate to the work required from the position. Typical behavioral interviews.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS).

Interview

One word - STAR interview process. Expect to spend at least half a day on site answering the same types of questions from multiple interviewers. Usually you will have a telephone interview first. Study the STAR method and be prepared with a variety of examples. Be as concise as possible to have the best chance of being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I found all of the STAR questions most difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Generally, the negotiation phase can take months. Just because you don't hear anything right away doesn't mean you are necessarily out of the running.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS) in September 2008.

Interview

You are brought into a room in which several managers some from different teams around the company, but also with the human resource managers. Brand managers ask you questions in regards to your experience and what you know about the company. They then give you a situation in which you have acted in the past.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in December 2018.

Interview

I received the phone interview with HR and scheduled time for video interview as others.
    But they suddenly canceled the interview a few mins before the interview starting!!! I opened the video interview webstite on full screen and i did not check the email. I have waited for10 mins but nobody connects in. In my undestanding, if you want to cancel the interview, please inform me at least 1 day in advance. I wasted my morning to wait for this interview. Half an hour ago before the scheduled interview time, we just sent email to confirm that we were going to have a video interview as scheduled time. But they canceled in a sudden.

Global Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

The application process went through my school's career center. The interviewers were very friendly, and the questions were mostly behavioural questions, and the wholw interview was conversational.
    The interview lasted 40 to 50 mins.
    No phone interview. Just one on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I can negotiate the offer. They are very helpful.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition (Topeka, KS).

Interview

Phone interview and then you are taken in for two in-person interviews. The first interview will be done with HR and two Senior Managers. The second in-person interview will be with upper management and most likely take place over lunch.