Hillsborough County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hillsborough County Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.6

Instructor, Spanish Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools.

Interview

I met with the Assistant Principal for Curriculum at the school at which I was interested in working. The APC asked about my work history and what qualifications I had to be a teacher. He then discussed the requirements for teachers at my school and what expectations were in place for instructors. He told me they would be in touch by the end of the week. They were not. It took them a month to get back to me; I was ultimately hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect students to complete homework with outside responsibilities?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Cool, friendly interview. Great people. Professional attire. About 4 (maybe 5) people were present. They each had good engaging questions and the each took turns. I brought to them a reformatted resume, which was easier to read. We laughed and joked a little. The mood was conversation friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I'd be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview with principal, assistant principal and team leader. Administration discussed whether I would be a good fit with the team I was on. They also asked how comfortable I was working with large groups of children. Called back a few days later.

Host Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools.

Interview

Required to fill out an online application and submit two references (supervisors). Called the HOST Admin office and got sorted. Went to be interviewed only to be told I wasn't expected and to come back tomorrow. The second time my interviewer was late, then they asked me to fill out a paper application.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you creative?
      Q: What can you bring to the job?
      Q: Do you have reliable transportation?
      Q: If asked, are you willing to travel to other schools?
      Q: What's the most important thing we do for students?
      Q: Give an example of an activity you can do to keep the children entertained.
      Answer Question

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very nice interview was basically asked classroom management questions, experiences and how i would benefit to the school. Was also asked if I could handle any extracurricular activities as well. Was open to basically everything.

School Social Worker Interview

Interview

They had a pre interview and a follow up interview. At the pre interview it was a panel of the three coordinators and at the follow up interview it was one of the coordinators and a peer. They asked open ended questions and scenario type questions.

Interview Questions

• At the pre interview they asked me questions about my understanding of the role and about my past job experience. At the main interview they asked scenario questions and also had written scenarios.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL).

Interview

First you apply online to become a district employee. Once your application is accepted you are free to apply for individual schools. If a school is interested in you they will call you to set up an interview. Depending on the school your interview could be with all members of administration or just with the principal. You can be offered the job on the spot or later over the phone.

Interview Questions

• what does a typical day in your classroom look like   1 Answer

Guidance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied in July 2015, finally went for interview on October 2015.
    There was a panel of different individuals within Guidance Services admin
    I had to do a 3-5 mock presentation and afterwards I was asked some questions

Interview Questions

• Gives us an example of when you have gone above and beyond for a student and his/her parents.   1 Answer

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Easy, yet thorough. Needed to be very clear yet concise regarding my professional skills and leadership abilities. I was presented with several questions that I have describe a specific situation and how I responded.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you may have had a conflict with a colleague and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Department Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

15 minute basic interview before a panel of six. Each person introduced themselves and then I gave a brief description of myself and why I was looking for this job. Each member then asked a question about either my experience or how I would handle a situation. Interview ended. Was not given any additional information or instruction on what would happen next.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a co-worker that was not doing his/her share of the work.   Answer Question