Hillsborough County Public Schools Teacher - Elementary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hillsborough County Public Schools Teacher - Elementary Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview with principal, assistant principal and team leader. Administration discussed whether I would be a good fit with the team I was on. They also asked how comfortable I was working with large groups of children. Called back a few days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hillsborough County Public Schools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief. I was professionally greeted and sat down to be interviewed. First, the interviewer asked me to say something about myself. Next, they asked their questions on my teaching skills and how can I bring some of my expertise to the classroom. Finally, after weeks of interviews no feedback nor emails stating on the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I set up or how will my classroom look like.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

You have to first complete an online application providing two references, teaching certificate, answer several questions, take a survey and resume. I then emailed the principal and was contacted within a week. I was called into the school for an interview and was hired on the spot. I then took a tour of the school and was directed to human resources for processing. During processing they do a background check and give you directions on how to access email and important links. They also give you names and contacts for all county personnel.

Interview Questions

• Describe your classroom management. How would you handle a student who is acting out physically? If a student came in withdrawn and quiet (unlike himself) how would you approach him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

You must hold a Bachelor's Degree and apply to online at www.sdhc.k12.fl.us after your online application is accepted and you are in the system you must apply to schools with job openings directly and wait for interviews. After you are hired, your professional certificate is activated and you complete a Preparing New Educators (PNE) program.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult students or parents? What is your teaching style and philosophy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Everyone is on the same pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools (Riverview, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

You must have a degree in order to even apply for a teaching position. If elementary level you must have your certification and show eligibility. Usually after your graduation, one must complete a year of paid internship (temporary certificate) Look up on district website, see available positions open at each school, call or personally drop off resume and interest letter for the position. After that, Principal's secretary will call you for interview appointment. Then, face to face interview with the principal and usually team interview. They email or call to let you know within a week if one has the job offered to them or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you didn't get along with a co-worker. What was it concerning and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The district pays by level of experience and they have a salary scale also posted on their district website.

Teacher - Elementary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hillsborough County Public Schools in August 2008.

Interview

A lot of your working conditions as a teacher depend on the principal, so while you can't negotiate salary - the union does that - you can accept or decline the general working environment. Make sure you click with your principal. She sets the school culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Florida is a right to work state and you won't be allowed to negotiate much, unless perhaps you're a teacher in a critical shortage area, such as special education or ESOL.