Hillshire Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

HR had rescheduled a phone interview four times and after the fourth time they never called me to actually interview nor email me after missing our appointment. Complete lack of respect for me and my time. The role was a perfect match for my background and I am thoroughly disappointed that the managers that are dealing with incoming employees treat them this poorly.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty standard questions and process. Applied online. A phone interview a week later with HR. Another phone interview with a hiring manager. Another 2 weeks later, an interview onsite with 5 people---went by fast and had 45 - 60 minutes with each person. Didn't hear back until a month after. Either way, everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected or tough questions. Just make sure you have a MBA and consumer package good experience. It seems they are wanting to have those boxes checked before anything else.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Four phone screens, very easy. HR then two hiring managers and HR again. Went from general background questions to background questions to technical skill questions, but no direct tests on skill or techniques.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time you learned a technical skill for a job?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Great place to work it seemed, but didnt pay well

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Saint Joseph, MO) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process isn't very long. There is only one interview usually. There doesn't seem to be very high standards for who is hired considering some of the people who have worked at the plant. The interviewers are nice and informative however. This is just for a production job though.

Interview Questions

• The questions were relatively easy and standard for an interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

they are so desperate, do to their poor employee practices, they just ask you when can you start. run away from this place. don`t consider it an option! they are the most uncaring place i ever worked for! presently using contract labor because the word is out about them. over thirty tecnicians quit in less then two years!!

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (New London, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with basic questions. Short and to the point. A brief description of the job was included and the total interview was about 20 minutes. They also asked about shift availability and outlined the shifts that they used. They asked about past work history and examples of how you handled a conflict in the workplace in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe your manufacturing experience?   1 Answer

Sanitation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haltom City, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Haltom City, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a very informal yet positive interview process since, I had been referred to them by my Husband who was an employee at the time. They were courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• They really only wanted to be sure I was ready to work.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Macon, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Received an email to contact and make an appointment for interview. made interview on time but interviewer was 45 minutes late. taken to conference room, and interviewed by two different people for 58 minutes. I have not heard anything from them since.

Interview Questions

• What was your worse problem as a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

QA Tech Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

I was sent an email communicating their interest in me. Went through an initial interview with direct supervisor and assistant supervisor with the usual behavior based questions trying to see if I'd be a good fit for the department and more questions on how qualified I was for the position. Second interview with the department head with similar questions and a few curve-balls on managing situations with supervisors and hotheads. Third interview with direct supervisor to finalize compensation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a supervisor who ignored you and your requests? What if the supervisor became upset?   1 Answer
    • How would you manage keeping track of constantly changing requirements in departments in which you may not have worked in recently (5 months plus)?   Answer Question