Hillshire Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2016

2.4

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

HR had rescheduled a phone interview four times and after the fourth time they never called me to actually interview nor email me after missing our appointment. Complete lack of respect for me and my time. The role was a perfect match for my background and I am thoroughly disappointed that the managers that are dealing with incoming employees treat them this poorly.

Manager Continuous Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (New London, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with national and local HR resources, panel interviews onsite with key stakeholders, final 1:1 convo with hiring manager. Offer process was clunky as I was dealing with middlemen.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding how the change in industry would affect my ability to be successful.   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed by manager and supervisor. Wanted someone with a science degree, but it wasn't necessary. it lasted about thirty minutes. They were very nice. Most of the questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it's ok to bypass the rules and regulations of the plant for any reason?   1 Answer

IT SAP Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people. One was great! The other had an oral quiz asking products and company officers. To I had a mixed impression of their interview process - one very positive and one negative.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter saying I had talked to someone else, which I hadn't. A lot of disorganization as multiple recruiters contacted me and nobody knew who I had spoken with. Came in for an interview with a peer and the hiring manager, which went well. Two days later they asked me to meet with VP and were extremely insistent it be the next day. I had to juggle a lot of things to make it work, the interview seemed to go well, and then a few days later I got a form attachment saying they passed - a little cold for getting that far in the process, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Standard experience, management style, working across org questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were multiple interviews with various cross functional leaders. I was encouraged by the near start-up type operation, but ultimately concerned with the amount of company change and potential sale of the company.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions around areas of managing in a matrix organization, team dynamics, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Four phone screens, very easy. HR then two hiring managers and HR again. Went from general background questions to background questions to technical skill questions, but no direct tests on skill or techniques.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time you learned a technical skill for a job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

Was grilled about my knowledge of the company (or lack thereof) immediately before asking anything about myself. Apparently, anything short of listing every product they produce is unsatisfactory. Had to clarify responses to multiple questions since the interviewer didn't understand my answers. Almost as if they didn't have my resume in front of them since they kept using incorrect job titles at previous employers. The only positive was the lack of behavioral interview questions, but the rest of the phone call was fairly miserable. Was happy to not be selected to move forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A bit disorganized -- waited to interview with different managers, approximately waited 5 to 10 minutes from one interviewer to the next. Low key interviews overall. All interviewers were knowledgeable, interesting and pleasant. They were proud of their company.

Interview Questions

• Why interested in Hillshire career?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

they are so desperate, do to their poor employee practices, they just ask you when can you start. run away from this place. don`t consider it an option! they are the most uncaring place i ever worked for! presently using contract labor because the word is out about them. over thirty tecnicians quit in less then two years!!