Hillstone Restaurant Group Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hillstone Restaurant Group Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

When you arrive you will have to fill out a simple paper application, then you will have your first initial interview with one of the floor managers. If they like you they will have you take a test that has 50 questions related to math, problem-solving etc you have 12 minutes to complete, but you most likely won´t but it's not something that is being graded etc. Then you will have a second interview with another manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hillstone Restaurant Group

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty extensive. I applied online, and was contacted the next day for an interview.
    1st interview - with hiring manager
    2nd interview - with assistant manager
    3rd interview - with GM
    4th interview - via zoom with HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Actually, they called me for an interview the day I applied which I was very excited about. I came in the next day ready to go and they sent me home because they were 'understaffed.' She could have called me to tell me that, and not had me waste money on parking. She told me to come back the next day, which after that first blunder I wasn't sure if I was going to. Later that day they emailed me and said my application had been deleted. Extremely unprofessional company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had submitted my application including my resume and cover letter online and the hiring manager messaged me back saying that she was excited to meet me and set up a time to meet the upcoming week. When I got to the restaurant that day I asked for the hiring manager whom I had been messaging with and the employee there said that I wouldn't be meeting with her, that she was just who responded to messages and set up appointments and that I needed to refill out an application. There were about 5 other people there also filling out applications. When I was called over for my interview it was at a booth in the restaurant and lasted for 3 minutes (which was the same with all of the other candidates there). The person interviewing me rushed through an explanation of their training program, talked about how all the staff were like family, and said that each waiter only got 3 tables at a time. She then told me that they would contact me within 24 hours if they decided to continue with me in the interview process.

Overall just a very odd interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three interviews and a IQ test. Odd. I've never has three interviews but I thought that was a good sign. I still didn't get the job. And they don't call to tell you that you didn't get it. I feel like it was a waste of my time

Interview Questions

• How did you help a customer that was having a bad time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You first meet with a supervisor. If they like you, you then are given two tests-one that is 'ethical' or 'what would you do' type Qs and the other is to assess how quick you are on your feet with math and other Qs. If you pass those you then meet with the restaurant GM.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group in July 2016.

Interview

Restaurant was hiring, went in to fill in app and had quick interview. Came back for next interview and took an aptitude test that I was told I did very well on. Then was contacted to arrange a webcam interview. The people I met in the restaurant were friendly, professional, and our conversations went smoothly. The person who did the video chat with me was the final step and it was completely different. Seemed like the person was distracted and not enjoying her job. Very awkward and unnecessary for this step. The management, especially GM should be the ones deciding who they want to hire, not somebody across the country listening to me with headphones on. After is was all said and done I was not offered the position and was quickly hired by a Michelin starred restaurant who knew what they were doing.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very friendly staff. I completed an application in person and was interviewed by the general manager. It seemed he thought I could be a good fit because then I was asked to complete a personality assessment and cognitive assessment called the Wonderlic. I was then interviewed by the assistant manager. She told me they would get back to me the next day. It's the next day, so waiting to hear back. Impressive environment.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Winter Park, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Long process . Full 2 hours and 2 standardized test on personality and math and English questions . After interviewing with all mangemnt and if they like you then you move on to a Skype interview and then a background check

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I saw an add on craigslist and went in that day. I dressed very well and my first interview went well. Right after the first interview I had to take a quiz. One was a personality quiz and one was a timed quiz that tests your intelligence. Sort of weird if you ask me. After you take the quizzes they say we will get back to you with in twenty four hours. It is 6:15 pm now on the next day so I am sort of curious if I will still get a phone call. Hmm...