Hilti North America Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilti North America Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Tulsa, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR over the phone. Once I passed initial screening an on-site interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. 3 weeks later HR called and said hiring manager would reach out for another interview. I was contacted the next day and 2nd on-site interview was scheduled. Following week I did a day in the field (van ride) with a local account manager. Two weeks later I was told an offer would be coming but a new position opened... Long story short, 2+ month process and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1-3 year goals and 5-10 year goals? Tell me about a hard sale and how you handled? Tell me about a customer problem that you resolved? Tell me about a problem with co-worker and how you resolved? Tell me about a customer objection and how you overcame? What are your top 3 strengths/qualities? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer giving accept or not.

Other Interview Reviews for Hilti North America

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

I met with the recruiters at a college career fair. I followed up with them about potential opportunities and they set up a phone interview with me fairly quickly. The HR manager said that she would let me know when possible locations become available and whether or not I would get a second interview. I haven't heard anything from them in over a month.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Applied online in October. Received a call from HR about a month later. Had telephone interview with HR person. I was supposed to interview with hiring manager but I ended up having a panel interview with 3 people. I can only assume I didn't get the position. I never heard from them after the panel interview. I reached out to HR a couple of times with no response.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

It is a typical interview just be honest. I got recruited from my university and had to go through 2 interviews, one with a recruiter and the next with upper management. It wasn't to hard but they really dig into things you have done in school and internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Started out with an online applications, which was really easy to complete. A few days later, I received a phone call to setup a phone interview, which was comfortable and not at all intimidating. I was then flown out to Plano, TX to interview face to face with the hiring manager and his supervisor. Again, that was a very good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilti North America (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical Interview Questions. A few regarding failures/successes, Meet in store with a regional manager. Discuss roles at hilti and company history. Asked standard interview questions regarding stories about success and failures. Other discussions included work history, job and life goals. Store staff seems nice and open to new staff. Job was described as exciting and seems fulfilling for sales and construction minded types.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? Describe work Achievements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume through the Hilti website, there was an application to fill out. HR called a few weeks later from HQ to schedule a phone interview. After taking the phone interview there was a personality assessment. Finally, I met with several Regional Mangers for a face-to-face interview in the location I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a sales objection, and made ultimately ended up making the sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a job board. Sixteen days later, I was contacted by someone from their Talent team to conduct a basic phone screen. I was then invited to fill out an assessment. I was told to expect a follow-up within a week. Five days later, I was contacted by the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview for the following day. I was asked general sales process questions, and how to conduct a proper sales call. After completing the phone interview, I was invited to participate in a 1/2 Day ride-along with a current Account Manager in order to experience the job firsthand. This was completed nine days later. A few days later, I was contacted again by the hiring manager to schedule a face-to-face interview, which was completed the following week with the hiring manager and a Senior Account Manager. They asked me about my experience, ability to relocate and conducted a few role-play scenarios. They told me they would pass me along to meet with the Regional Manager. I was flown out to meet with the Regional Manager, along with 5 other District Managers ten days later. They split up in groups of three and conducted two separate interviews. After we finished, I was offered the position on the spot. I received the offer letter via email later that day.
    Overall, it was a long process. Once they started communicating with me, it went smoothly. Everybody followed up when they said they would, including some brief postponements. Everyone was also very pleasant, and open about expectations and the overall job responsibilities. There is room to negotiate the offer based on experience and how well you sell it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a conflict between yourself and a co-worker? If so, how did you resolve it?

Who would you most like to meet in the world and why?

If you started work tomorrow, what would you do first?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty Simple and Straightforward with recruiter and HR Team, Sales Team. Spoke with 3rd party recruiter. He set up a face to face interview. It was not an easy task by any means.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weaknesses, Accomplishments. They asked and wanted specific examples on how a daily day in current role was managed. How do you handle difficult customers? What are some of the toughest challenges in your current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a standard phone interview then I was contacted a week later for a face to face interview which was much more detailed. Hilti is looking for people who are looking to aspire to be great. If you are willing to grow with a great company. Hilti is for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time how you handled conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question