Hilti North America Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilti North America Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2017

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

The process starts out with a 30 minute phone interview with the internal recruiter and then moves to a panel of managers. Keep in mind that when you are interviewing in front of that panel, they are interviewing several candidates the whole day. About 5 minutes into my interview, one of the managers there said he had a prior obligation to get to and would only be able to stay for 20 minutes. I honestly should have cut my losses right then and there because they had either had already decided on hiring someone that they interviewed before me or maybe I wasn't that impressive. I won't lie, I really wanted to work there because I am familiar with their product and it really is good quality, but at the same time it might have been a good thing it didn't work out because I don't think I would be able to relate to the managers very well.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Make sure you are prepared with lots of stories to answer them!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilti North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Miramar, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. I had two interviews, one over the phone with HR and the other in person with the hiring manager. Both were great interviews where both sides got the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying to a job where I didn't have much construction exposure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilti North America (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred to a recruiter through a campus recruiting event. Thereafter, I was interviewed over the phone with two different people, one being the recruiter and the other a Regional Sales Manager. Consequently, I was asked to come to the HQ and complete both my ride-along and final interview with several Senior level Managers. The Process went very well. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and truly interested in getting to know me.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Tulsa, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR over the phone. Once I passed initial screening an on-site interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. 3 weeks later HR called and said hiring manager would reach out for another interview. I was contacted the next day and 2nd on-site interview was scheduled. Following week I did a day in the field (van ride) with a local account manager. Two weeks later I was told an offer would be coming but a new position opened... Long story short, 2+ month process and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1-3 year goals and 5-10 year goals? Tell me about a hard sale and how you handled? Tell me about a customer problem that you resolved? Tell me about a problem with co-worker and how you resolved? Tell me about a customer objection and how you overcame? What are your top 3 strengths/qualities? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer giving accept or not.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

I met with the recruiters at a college career fair. I followed up with them about potential opportunities and they set up a phone interview with me fairly quickly. The HR manager said that she would let me know when possible locations become available and whether or not I would get a second interview. I haven't heard anything from them in over a month.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Applied online in October. Received a call from HR about a month later. Had telephone interview with HR person. I was supposed to interview with hiring manager but I ended up having a panel interview with 3 people. I can only assume I didn't get the position. I never heard from them after the panel interview. I reached out to HR a couple of times with no response.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

It is a typical interview just be honest. I got recruited from my university and had to go through 2 interviews, one with a recruiter and the next with upper management. It wasn't to hard but they really dig into things you have done in school and internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Started out with an online applications, which was really easy to complete. A few days later, I received a phone call to setup a phone interview, which was comfortable and not at all intimidating. I was then flown out to Plano, TX to interview face to face with the hiring manager and his supervisor. Again, that was a very good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilti North America (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical Interview Questions. A few regarding failures/successes, Meet in store with a regional manager. Discuss roles at hilti and company history. Asked standard interview questions regarding stories about success and failures. Other discussions included work history, job and life goals. Store staff seems nice and open to new staff. Job was described as exciting and seems fulfilling for sales and construction minded types.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? Describe work Achievements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume through the Hilti website, there was an application to fill out. HR called a few weeks later from HQ to schedule a phone interview. After taking the phone interview there was a personality assessment. Finally, I met with several Regional Mangers for a face-to-face interview in the location I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a sales objection, and made ultimately ended up making the sale.   Answer Question