Hilti North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.9

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Logistics Interview

Interview

Smooth, clear process. Very friendly interviewers with all behavioral questions. It was two rounds of interviews, one phone and one on site at the HQ in Plano. They got back in a timely manner

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you failed   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I got a call for an interview after attending the career fair. A week later they emailed me with a date and time and went to the interview. Still waiting to hear back but the interviewer was very helpful and made the experience go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you worked with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I had been applying to Hilti for over a year and was already in touch with one of the recruiters. First, the recruiter does a quick phone screen to see if you're a good fit. Then, I interviewed with the director of the group. If the manager/director likes you, then you will be invited on a field ride to see a day in the life. If all goes well and your potential co-workers give positive feedback then they extend you the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Rapid City, SD) in August 2017.

Interview

Turned in online application/resume. Received interview request approximately 2 weeks later. Did phone interview with HR that lasted approximately 1 hour. Did not make it to next round interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• Asked about willingness to relocate   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

The process starts out with a 30 minute phone interview with the internal recruiter and then moves to a panel of managers. Keep in mind that when you are interviewing in front of that panel, they are interviewing several candidates the whole day. About 5 minutes into my interview, one of the managers there said he had a prior obligation to get to and would only be able to stay for 20 minutes. I honestly should have cut my losses right then and there because they had either had already decided on hiring someone that they interviewed before me or maybe I wasn't that impressive. I won't lie, I really wanted to work there because I am familiar with their product and it really is good quality, but at the same time it might have been a good thing it didn't work out because I don't think I would be able to relate to the managers very well.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Make sure you are prepared with lots of stories to answer them!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Miramar, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. I had two interviews, one over the phone with HR and the other in person with the hiring manager. Both were great interviews where both sides got the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying to a job where I didn't have much construction exposure?   1 Answer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from them two days later for a phone screening interview. The recruiter said she would schedule me for an onsite interview but I never heard back from them after the phone interview.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was asked to schedule a phone interview a month later, two weeks later I was flown to Texas for interviews with team members. One of those interviews was in person and the other was a Skype interview. My computer stopped working during the Skype interview and then it was cut short which was extremely frustrating because I did not get the same opportunity as the other two candidates who were interviewing with me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to improve a character weakness   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter at Hilti after speaking with them at a career fair. She scheduled an interview for me with the lady I spoke with at the fair and another gentleman. I had the interview a week later and they informed me of their decision a couple of weeks after that.

Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

-The recruiting specialist reached out to me for a phone screen interview; this was scheduled the following day
    -The following week, I had a Skype interview with regional managers and district manager from their respected territories and segments
    -The following week, Hilti flew me out to my potential territory for the "field ride."
    -I received an offer immediately after the ride...16 days after the recruiting specialist reached out to me.