Hilti North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Tulsa, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with behavior base questions requiring specific answers to situation as to action and results. Required to take 2 online assessments to proceed to face to face interview. Second interview included more of the situation, action and result questions as well as exhibiting sales ability. Final interview with division manager kept along the same pattern.

Interview Questions

• What is an area of competency that you have improved most in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Found posting on my university's career website and applied online. Received a call a couple of days later and had a phone interview. I was then invited to an interview day consisting of a company tour, self presentation and three(hour long) interviews with two interviewers each. I really appreciated how thorough they were and e

Interview Questions

• How have you applied what you have learned in Supply Chain to your current job?
      How do you know you work efficiently?
      Tell me about a time you solved a problem at work without being told to?
      What experience have you had working in teams without instructions from your instructor?
      What is a book you are currently reading/favorite book?
      What is your favorite course you have taken?
      Why supply chain/logistics?
      Why Hilti?
      *Also spoke extensively about organizations*
      Answer Question

Interview

I applied online. After, I received an email asking for the best time to speak with one of their recruiters over the phone. I had two phone interviews, one with one recruiter and another interview with a different one. The first one moved to a new role while in my process so I basically had to start fresh with someone who was going to be there the whole interview process. I don't remember a lot about the first recruiter but the second was personal, friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel like I was in an interview just sitting down with someone having a normal back and forth conversation. Then later, I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone and email to schedule a face to face interview in Tulsa at their CS headquarters. He was very passionate about Hilti and seemed to have my best interest at heart. After getting a face to face scheduled I traveled to Tulsa for a different personal reason and was going to meet with them while I was in town. Only the weather didn't cooperate and Hilti sent everyone home the day of my interview due to an incoming blizzard. My face to face interview had to be rescheduled. The hiring manager was very apologetic and told me he would definitely be meeting with me at a safer date and time. He traveled to Houston, TX, where I lived, for a recruiting opportunity at a nearby college campus and I was able to drive and meet with him for a face to face interview. This interview was more formal but still felt very comfortable. Then they flu me to Tulsa to have a face to face interview with the District manager, campus tour, comprehensive testing and a ride along with a current customer service representative on the phones. This was the most formal part of the interview process. After it all I was given my offer letter before I left to return to the airport to head back to Houston. My interview process was by no means a normal interview process for Hilti. I have heard many other stories and mine was the longest. October 2013- May 2014.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are two of your weaknesses / strengths?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Explain how you would handle an angry customer. Give me an example of something similar in your past with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. The inside sales role / customer service is standard across the board.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America in October 2016.

Interview

They interviewed me at my school then asked me to come into a Hilti center as soon as possible. They where very nice and easy to talk to how every they really where looking for certain answers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 2 people interviews. Not hard,but just annoying. They don't want scum bags, so they are very thorough. A lot about making sure the customer is number 1 and always takin care of.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Tulsa, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR over the phone. Once I passed initial screening an on-site interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. 3 weeks later HR called and said hiring manager would reach out for another interview. I was contacted the next day and 2nd on-site interview was scheduled. Following week I did a day in the field (van ride) with a local account manager. Two weeks later I was told an offer would be coming but a new position opened... Long story short, 2+ month process and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1-3 year goals and 5-10 year goals? Tell me about a hard sale and how you handled? Tell me about a customer problem that you resolved? Tell me about a problem with co-worker and how you resolved? Tell me about a customer objection and how you overcame? What are your top 3 strengths/qualities? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer giving accept or not.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Columbus, OH).

Interview

First interviewed with the human resource associate via phone. Scheduled an interview with the regional manager at a Hilti Store. Normal questions you would expect as an experienced sales professional. Also participated in a ride along with a Sr. Sales person for a day. He provided an evaluation back to the regional manager I had interviewed with previously. I had prepared several questions for the sales ride along in an effort to understand the requirements of the position, what skill sets successful sales people possessed, etc....

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time a customer had a challenge with a product, what action you took, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Strait forward

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

One of their recruiters found me on LinkedIn and got me in contact with an HR representative to do an interview. The interview was over the phone and lasted about 30 minutes. The representative said she would be in contact but I never heard from her again. I tried emailing her twice but received no response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a "pre-interview" where you speak with someone from HR. They prep you on what to say to the actual person you will be interviewing AKA tell you what to say to impress them.

Was told he would send me information on the company...never received an email. Confused if that is his way of telling me I didn't make it to the next round? Poor communication....

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Long, poorly structured, Application, phone interview, Face to face, Ride along.

I was asked to take a day (from my current role) and work in the field with a current hilti sales rep only to find out from that same rep that he was never contacted for a follow-up and the role had been filled the week previously.
    This is the worst kind of mid level management ineptitude and at the very least a gross lack of basic professionalism. Not to mention a waste of my time and money.
    Additionally, they provided zero feedback, again, a serious lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in my next role   1 Answer