Hilti North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a "pre-interview" where you speak with someone from HR. They prep you on what to say to the actual person you will be interviewing AKA tell you what to say to impress them.

Was told he would send me information on the company...never received an email. Confused if that is his way of telling me I didn't make it to the next round? Poor communication....

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Long, poorly structured, Application, phone interview, Face to face, Ride along.

I was asked to take a day (from my current role) and work in the field with a current hilti sales rep only to find out from that same rep that he was never contacted for a follow-up and the role had been filled the week previously.
    This is the worst kind of mid level management ineptitude and at the very least a gross lack of basic professionalism. Not to mention a waste of my time and money.
    Additionally, they provided zero feedback, again, a serious lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in my next role   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

I met with the recruiters at a college career fair. I followed up with them about potential opportunities and they set up a phone interview with me fairly quickly. The HR manager said that she would let me know when possible locations become available and whether or not I would get a second interview. I haven't heard anything from them in over a month.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was the same as any other big corporation. First, I went through a phone screen with the HR Recruiter. Then, I interviewed with both the HR Recruiter and a manager in another related department which I would be working with on occasion but not every day, and then with the hiring manager (my future direct boss). I was brought in for a second interview with the Director of the department and then got the call a week or so later. The recruiter kept me very informed on the whole process and gave me updates when they were available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to find a creative solution to a complex problem   Answer Question

Outperformer Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilti North America in March 2016.

Interview

I only had the first round interview with the HR representative. She was really nice, and the interview went well. However, apparently she forgot to mention that the company would not be hiring foreign students until the end of it. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it extended into a one hour interview. I wish she had realized the sponsorship issue before we even started the interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

The company flies you to the site of potential employment for an interview. They are very welcoming, engage with you, and look to see if your experience fits their needs.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with a coworker and how it was resolved   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Applied online in October. Received a call from HR about a month later. Had telephone interview with HR person. I was supposed to interview with hiring manager but I ended up having a panel interview with 3 people. I can only assume I didn't get the position. I never heard from them after the panel interview. I reached out to HR a couple of times with no response.

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening call initially
    Then followed up with another interview phone call - Detailed preset interview questions

The hiring process is tedious and redundant

Also, the Human resource people will lie right on you face - The lady said to me the interview session was great and we shall be moving on to a face to face and Three days later she sends me a computer generated rejection email. ( I mean) Why lie to a candidate and then turn around and reject him/her.

Pathetic, I advise not to apply to this company... I don't know how such companies like Hilti USA actually have a banner saying 100 best companies to work for?????? I think the banner should say the opposite.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with negative temperament among employees???   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

It is a typical interview just be honest. I got recruited from my university and had to go through 2 interviews, one with a recruiter and the next with upper management. It wasn't to hard but they really dig into things you have done in school and internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Started out with an online applications, which was really easy to complete. A few days later, I received a phone call to setup a phone interview, which was comfortable and not at all intimidating. I was then flown out to Plano, TX to interview face to face with the hiring manager and his supervisor. Again, that was a very good experience.