Hilti North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilti North America Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

It is a typical interview just be honest. I got recruited from my university and had to go through 2 interviews, one with a recruiter and the next with upper management. It wasn't to hard but they really dig into things you have done in school and internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Started out with an online applications, which was really easy to complete. A few days later, I received a phone call to setup a phone interview, which was comfortable and not at all intimidating. I was then flown out to Plano, TX to interview face to face with the hiring manager and his supervisor. Again, that was a very good experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth, the university relations HR employee was very unprofessional in the way she talked down to me and addressed me. The process as a whole was very impressive though. The other managers were very professional and organized. There office is very nice and they role out the red carpet for you, even when you are simply interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you rallied a lot of people around a goal and motivated them to complete the goal?   Answer Question

Fire Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilti North America (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Open conversations, focused on technical background but more on questions, anecdotes, experiences and studies that will try to relate to sales. Technical people will find that Hilti weighs them in the sense that bringing solution to a client will ultimately correlate with sales.

Interview Questions

• Past project that had obstacles and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Very thorough and very personable. Made sure I knew exactly what I was interviewing for and were very specific about they were looking for in a candidate. I got to interview with a recruiter, as well as a person from the department I was interviewing for. I was followed up with every week until the had an offer for me. They did not leave me wondering. They made me feel very welcome from the very beginning of the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None for interns

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

I did the first and second interview in one day. The first round went really well in highlighting experiences, what I have accomplished and any questions. After that I went directly into the second interview which seemed like it was making sure my goals matched up with what Hilti could do for me and why I'd be a good fit. There was also the option for more questions during the second interview.

Talent Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter. Onsite with team and an onsite with Director of team then an offer was made a week later. Ask questions regarding background, behavior, and personality type questions.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very slow and unresponsive,The HR never got back to me. Their program is too big for me personally but i was fairly dissapointed with the interview process. However, if you are into civil engineering this is defintely a great company to work for especially if you are an international student. their offices are spread around the world and can provide easy relocation.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Hilti begins with a conference call with the regional or territory professionals. The actual in-person interview was fairly straight forward and simple. The interview had very little structure, although it seemed as if the interviewers are required to cover some established questions set by corporate. Overall, the process wasn't extremely involved. Most company people I talked to were awesome and helpful, however, the process turned sour shortly after the offer. Make sure the management is dependable and amicable before signing.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to use your engineering background in a technical application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilti North America (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical Interview Questions. A few regarding failures/successes, Meet in store with a regional manager. Discuss roles at hilti and company history. Asked standard interview questions regarding stories about success and failures. Other discussions included work history, job and life goals. Store staff seems nice and open to new staff. Job was described as exciting and seems fulfilling for sales and construction minded types.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? Describe work Achievements.   1 Answer