Hilton Banquet Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Some of theeee worst interviews I've ever been on in my life. I hope to never work there or apply again. I took myself off the automated job seeker they have on their site.

Interview Questions

• All questions are scripted............what does genuine mean? What have you done above & beyond for a guest. Nasty interviewers @ ea. Hilton here in Orlando.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Baltimore, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

We were seated within a ballroom where we were given refreshments and breakfast pastries. We were then called into a room 5 at a time where different individuals from upper management gave us open interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you delt with a Dissatisfied guest and you had to make them feel better? Something of this variation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Pensacola, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview. Interviewers were very easy to get along with. Went into a conference room and answered the standard medley of questions you'd expect in a service industry environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with human Resources rep who was very pleasant she made it very comfortable for me, seeing I was a bit nervous. Then I went to the second phase with the Director of Banquets, and got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Baltimore, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Dress Sharp, Be smart, Don't volunteer too much personal information. Research the company before interview to show that you are interested in becoming a part of the team. Be very familiar with the contents of your resume'. Be on time for your interview or preferably before time scheduled for interview. Take public transportation there or have someone drop you off and pick you up as the parking downtown is very expensive and if it's game season, parking fees double at the Hilton lot and you'll be lucky to even find a parking spot within a few blocks on the street.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What was your reason for your last positing coming to an end?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (College Station, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

takes at least 3 months to get hired

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not negotiation phase just got the base pay

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Met with the Assistant GM and the Food and Beverage manager for interview process. Not to bad, typical interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest weakness and how you have tried to improve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was negligable. Job has flate rate of 2.13 an hour