Hilton Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Hilton Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Assistant Director of Property Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was automated online and difficult to complete. When I first attempted to complete the interview it was unavailable and then when I finally was able to begin the process, the site kept bouncing me off or cutting out in the middle of my responses with no opportunity to complete them. Overall it was a very disheartening experience.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a situation where engineering priorities changed during a project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Work From Home Part-time Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received an email for an interview request through Hirevue. The Hirevue process was easy enough. You have have 3 minutes to answer typical interview questions. Your response is recorded and automatically submitted. You do not have do not get a chance to "redo" the question. I personally did not care for this type of interview format. I understand that it is easier for recruiters, however I do not believe it is helpful to the job applicant. I never received a rejection email and it has been over a month since my interview....so I am concluding that I did not get the job.

Guest Service Agent Hilton O'Hara Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Feb 25, 2016 and got a call from a recruiter the nest day. Had a phone interview Feb 29 then a Skype interview March 2, 2016.

All the questions were behavior questions.

Haven't heard anything back......The job is still open for interviews smdh.

I moved on to other jobs

Pay start $15.50

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a anger guest and how you solved their problem?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied for job online, received an email from HR the next day including a link to download the app 'HIreVue'. You are given a deadline of approx. 3 days until when you can interview yourself via this app. After preparing to take the interview via my computer, it turned out that the microphone was not working properly, so I had to take it via my cell phone. Odd experience, since there is no human interaction whatsoever. Once you hit the start button, you have 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer it. I felt that my social media skills were being tested rather than my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions

• 'What would your ideal job be?' and 'What was your biggest success?' were the only two professional questions asked. The other two were 'What do you do for fun?' and 'Do you prefer this way of interviewing over the traditional way/".   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview within a week of submitting an application. A week later I came in for a face-to-face interview. They said they'd get back to me within a week, it took almost two...

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you proactively anticipate a guest's needs.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I received a call two weeks after submitting an application online. I did a phone interview a few days later. After my phone interview I did an office interview. A week later i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions everything was very standard and cut and dry. My interview went great. I made the manager laugh and talk a lot. The questions were typical like, What would you do in this situation? Name a time when you had to deal with adversity and what did you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation I was satisfied with their offer

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

You will first be contacted by a recruiter for a screening, followed by a phone interview by the hiring manager. If you advance to an in-person interview, you will be asked to present a case study.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the most important items when trying to impact SEO?   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I was way over qualified for the position bu they hired me anyway. the DRUG TEST was a saliva test.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job on April 9th 2010, and had a phone interview the next week. A month later (May 14th) I was called foe an interview. The man was very nice, we spoke for an hour and he gave me every impression that I had the job. He then went on to say the head of HR would call me that afternoon. Well, that never happened. Two days later I called, left a message, but never received a call back. On May 25th I received a very impersonal email stating that I was not being considered for the job anymore. What happened to the days when a phone call back was normal and only considerate? The employers expect the potential employee to act with the utmost of professionalism but do not return the favor. The Hilton stated over and over again about how important the customer was. Well, I am also the customer, and if my experience is negative I have the right to complain to others about the organization. An email is a tacky way to turn someone down for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer confrontation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

First of all, i have applied for that position on line, and then 1 month later I have received a call from someone from HR about setting my first interview which was over the phone. after completed this process, I have a call from the HR telling that I have an interview with the head of the department and then I have completed about 5 different interview, background check and a drug test . A week later I have a call that I was hired. I was so happy for my inputs.

Interview Questions

• What did you apply for our company?   2 Answers