Hilton Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Director of Property Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was automated online and difficult to complete. When I first attempted to complete the interview it was unavailable and then when I finally was able to begin the process, the site kept bouncing me off or cutting out in the middle of my responses with no opportunity to complete them. Overall it was a very disheartening experience.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a situation where engineering priorities changed during a project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Oak Lawn, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was kept waiting for 45 minutes as the chef was busy with a party in banquets, so I really don't know why the interview was scheduled when it was and the HR director was busy as well. So finally the GM interviews me for about 5 minutes, than the HR director, afterwards the chef finally got to me.

Work From Home Part-time Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received an email for an interview request through Hirevue. The Hirevue process was easy enough. You have have 3 minutes to answer typical interview questions. Your response is recorded and automatically submitted. You do not have do not get a chance to "redo" the question. I personally did not care for this type of interview format. I understand that it is easier for recruiters, however I do not believe it is helpful to the job applicant. I never received a rejection email and it has been over a month since my interview....so I am concluding that I did not get the job.

Guest Service Agent Hilton O'Hara Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Feb 25, 2016 and got a call from a recruiter the nest day. Had a phone interview Feb 29 then a Skype interview March 2, 2016.

All the questions were behavior questions.

Haven't heard anything back......The job is still open for interviews smdh.

I moved on to other jobs

Pay start $15.50

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a anger guest and how you solved their problem?   Answer Question

Director of Audiovisual Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (Rosemont, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

5 people interviewing you in an office without prior knowledge. In a way this is good to get it all over at once, however feeling like you jane all eyes on you at once is very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How long it would take me to get up and ready   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied for job online, received an email from HR the next day including a link to download the app 'HIreVue'. You are given a deadline of approx. 3 days until when you can interview yourself via this app. After preparing to take the interview via my computer, it turned out that the microphone was not working properly, so I had to take it via my cell phone. Odd experience, since there is no human interaction whatsoever. Once you hit the start button, you have 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer it. I felt that my social media skills were being tested rather than my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions

• 'What would your ideal job be?' and 'What was your biggest success?' were the only two professional questions asked. The other two were 'What do you do for fun?' and 'Do you prefer this way of interviewing over the traditional way/".   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (Rosemont, IL).

Interview

HR called and said F&B would call within 2 weeks, within 1 week, F&B manager called. I called her back, one week goes by she calls again. Set up interview. I arrived 15 mins early, she was in a meeting and 50 mins late. She seemed
    rushed but extremely nice.

Questions asked did not pertain to bartending. Not one question regarding how to cut off a patron/guest, how to make sure the drinking laws of Illinois are being adhered to, how do you deal with crabby coworkers or guests, how to upsell, what could I bring to Hilton Suites in Rosemont, How do you cost control. Like they were for a project manager, asked me "what project was I given and not able to fulfill within the allotted time period?""How do I time manage as to get my responsibilities accomplished?" As those are very good questions, they are not good questions for a bartender position. ANd as an experienced bartender, I was thrown off track.

Disappointing, as I was not prepared for such obtuse questions.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview within a week of submitting an application. A week later I came in for a face-to-face interview. They said they'd get back to me within a week, it took almost two...

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you proactively anticipate a guest's needs.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I received a call two weeks after submitting an application online. I did a phone interview a few days later. After my phone interview I did an office interview. A week later i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions everything was very standard and cut and dry. My interview went great. I made the manager laugh and talk a lot. The questions were typical like, What would you do in this situation? Name a time when you had to deal with adversity and what did you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation I was satisfied with their offer

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

You will first be contacted by a recruiter for a screening, followed by a phone interview by the hiring manager. If you advance to an in-person interview, you will be asked to present a case study.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the most important items when trying to impact SEO?   1 Answer