Hilton Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief 30 minute basic interview pretty much just to get to know a bit about me
should hear back in a week
was told about the hotel how old, different departments and benefits

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know if I knew what the job consisted of.
    what is my availability
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview actually was a video style interview where applicants had to record answers to questions in short two or three minute clips. The goal was to allow your personality to show through and to get your creative juices flowing as you answered real-life-scenario style questions. That format did take some getting used to, but once you find your groove, the process starts to make a bit more sense.

Interview Questions

• What's one area in your life you had to take the lead in? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very short and simple phone interview. Ask questions my current job and why do I want to change career fields. Overall the experience was great and also very informative interview.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed shortly after. interviewed with assistant GM and GM on the same day. Basic interview questions, very relaxed. I was offered the job two days later. Declined offer because of pay.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. First I got a call from HR, she asked me a few quick questions then the next day I interviewed with the Director of Operations for front desk, then I had an interview with her boss the next day. I also got a background check after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced at your last job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. You start out at a pretty good rate so I didn't need to.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Chosen for two initial webcam interviews for two different positions with the company. It's an extremely awkward interview process because there's no feedback from an actual person. With HireVue and your webcam, you are timed and you only get 2 tries so if you mess up on the second try, that's it. You can't exit out and start over because you will start where you left off. I was under the impression initially that this way would make the hiring process quicker but it hasn't worked out that way. I still haven't heard a yes or no so I just assume I wasn't chosen. If you really want this position it's important to follow up with that specific hotel after doing the HireVue interview...

Interview Questions

• Talk about your background/experience and why it suits you for this role? What is your salary requirements? How would you handle an upset guest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Alexandria, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Apply thru the website which was pretty easy and simple . They asked to download an app once you have been accepted as a candidate. They give you a chance to practice before this online preliminary interview.
    Then they ask you some interview questions that you will have to record . They give you about 30 seconds to think about it before they begin to record .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The whole interview was great altogether. Was introduced to several key directors, was treated like a guest in their home. It took about an hour and half for the whole process to end.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset guest?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton in June 2015.

Interview

Completely out of touch as you begin with an online interview with not an actual person but a picture of a human resource employee. This is so impersonal and uncaring as the "human" in human resources is completely missing. This may be a way to weed out applications and save time but it sure takes away from the field of human resources and human interaction.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle a problem guest?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

It was about 30 mins. It was quick and short, there were many questions dealing with customer satisfaction and service. If hired, there are three times, morning, afternonn, and night audit shift.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience for customer service. Communication skills.   Answer Question