Hilton Front Desk Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Front Desk Clerk Interview Questions

1.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Panama City Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Background check, then call for interview 3 weeks later, and interview lasts 20-30 minutes. Not very informative or forthcoming about pay rate at first. Was told position was full-time. Interview was with Richard Bostron, front desk manager.

Interview Questions

• what you expect from your employer   1 Answer
  • what would you say your biggest weakness is   1 Answer
  • what would you say are your best attributes   1 Answer
  • Is "borrowing "ok from work   1 Answer
  • Are you looking for full time or part time   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable, no matter the pay rate in my work they start you at $9/hr for shifts not over night, want more pay? Ask for audit position if its available.

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

it was concise, not very long. They basically want to make sure that you have exactly what they are looking for, and that you have a positive attitude to learn, that is very important since they don't ask for too much experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position? What's your knowledge on computers? any customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Gainesville, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

I lived out of town, but had applied because I was hoping to move to the same city as the hotel. I submitted my resume online and they called me within a week to set up an interview.

They were very flexible and understanding that I was coming from out of town and had set up a convenient time for me to be interviewed.

Dress was business casual. I was interviewed by both the Front Desk Supervisor and Front Desk Manager. They were friendly and to the point.

Interview Questions

• How do would you handle an unhappy customer in person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Houston, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

Talked to the HR Director then the GM because the Front Office Manager was out for that day. Then the next day Front Office Manager.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the system rejected me as unqualified. I found that odd since I've worked customer service my whole life. I called the front desk and I asked for the front desk manager's email. I emailed him directly with my resume and cover letter stating why I would be a good candidate. He called me a few days later and asked me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by both managers of the front office. A couple weeks later HR called me for an interview. Then two weeks went by and HR called and asked for references, then about 3 or 4 days later HR called and offered me the position. The next day I filled out paperwork for a background check and took a urine drug test. Everyone was very friendly and laid back. Both interviews we discussed how I handled customer experiences at previous jobs. The HR interview discussed the details of the job, the pay rate, the benefits and the scheduling hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your pet peeve about customer service?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle / motivate negative people?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton in October 2010.

Interview

Pretty basic, panel interview was pretty lax, just be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable!