Hilton Garden Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Garden Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

1.8

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview

I applied online. Overall I had 4 interviews on 3 different days. After the final interview I was told to call back if I didn't hear from them within about two weeks. I called and left a message but they did not return my call. I called again and was told I would be contacted within an hour. I never got that call. The interview process started about a week after I applied and spanned about 2 months. The managers seemed very nice. I just wish they could have shown me the same respect they expect from me as an applicant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Garden Inn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview and was greeted by the team. I discussed my background with the employer and gained understanding of the role I was applying for. Overall It was a positive experience and nothing out of the ordinary. After going over my resume and answering questions, I was notified by phone around 2 week later with the results.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in May 2015.

Interview

Found a posting online and replied to it. Got a call the very next day to set up an interview. Interview lasted about 30 mins. First started talking to front desk manager then the GM came out. They both asked the same basic questions but the GM was the one who decided if you would be hired or not. Directly following the interview they asked if I could do a drug test. Basically was offered the job on the spot and had was added to the schedule to start training.

Interview Questions

• Why did Hospitality appeal to me? Why would I be a good candidate for the position? How have I handle the challenges in past positions?
      Normal basic questions really.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process consisted of a phone interview, in person interview, and a interview with the general manager of the company. The process took the normal time frame for interviews about 3 weeks. The company was very detailed in letting me know exactly exactly what they were looking for they asked multiple times was this something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest challenge and how did i overcome that Challenge   Answer Question

I made the decision to relocate to another City

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was very casual. I was confident and friendly and got a call back within 5 days. The assistant manager interviewed me and he was a young recently graduated college student, who did not seem to clearly know much about the interview. It become more of a conversation than a questioning interview process.

Interview Questions

• Case: If there was an elderly couple who complained about noise, how would you make sure they were happy with their stay?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Tulsa, OK) in April 2013.

Interview

Picked up a paper application and dropped it back off several days later. Received a call from the front office manager less than a week later to set up an interview which was set up for the Friday of the following week. Was a fairly casual interview, sat in the front lobby chairs and basically chatted about the regular interview questions for about 15 minutes. At the end she told me the rate it was hiring for based on my experience which was none in hotel. Said she had a few more people to interview then she was going to be out of town for a week but she would make a decision upon her return. Received a call from her a day or two after she was back asking if I was still interested in the position and ultimately offered it to me which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any out of the ordinary questions. Most were the usual questions about past work experiences/where do you see yourself in 5 years and so forth. Seems most places want to know how you can handle an unhappy customer and here was no different. Was asked to describe an interaction with a unhappy customer and how I dealt with them and whether or not I was able to resolve their issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

First you meet with the front desk manager then the general manager then once you meet the HR manager you know you're hired! That's if you pass the drug test. I applied on the website and a couple of days later the front desk manager called me for an interview. He was very nice and did not act as if he has more authority than me. During the interview with the general manager was smooth, he did not ask much question. He just asked me to tell him about myself.

Interview Questions

• To be honest it was not difficult nor challenging. Why do you want to work for this company? What experience you have working with customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Go for your interview, get a drug test done, get your computer training and than your left at the desk alone to learn on your own!

Anonymous Employee in Richland, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Richland, SC) in May 2011.

Interview

The first manager came and asked a series of questions. Tell m about yourself...why do you wan to work here...etc. The second manager was the general manager who either seals the deal or not. He will ask a host of questions and describe the position. Afterwards, they decide if your a fit.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Ithaca, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

several interviews with front desk manager. was referred so it was an easy process