Hilton Garden Inn Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

1.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Ormond Beach, FL).

Interview

Very laid back interview, they really make you feel comfortable and don't ask the standard interview questions you hear everywhere. It seemed like they were throwing curve balls just to see how you'd handle it. It was probably the most fun I've had at an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the purpose of the fuzz is on a tennis ball?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Garden Inn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the Front Desk Manager; the whole interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was a very straightforward and enjoyable interview. After a few questions, I was asked about work hours and availability and informed about the further hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied at 2 different properties. One was with Asst Manager and the other with the Manager. Many questions about customer service. Questions about job history. Want long term employees. Interviewers were intelligent, knowledgable and seemed to know what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name one experience where you delivered exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview

I applied online. Overall I had 4 interviews on 3 different days. After the final interview I was told to call back if I didn't hear from them within about two weeks. I called and left a message but they did not return my call. I called again and was told I would be contacted within an hour. I never got that call. The interview process started about a week after I applied and spanned about 2 months. The managers seemed very nice. I just wish they could have shown me the same respect they expect from me as an applicant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview and was greeted by the team. I discussed my background with the employer and gained understanding of the role I was applying for. Overall It was a positive experience and nothing out of the ordinary. After going over my resume and answering questions, I was notified by phone around 2 week later with the results.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty simple interview. The manager that interviewed me didn't ask a lot of questions, he kind of just hired me. The hotel was brand new when I started, so they were looking for people who seemed competent and eager to start.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in May 2015.

Interview

Found a posting online and replied to it. Got a call the very next day to set up an interview. Interview lasted about 30 mins. First started talking to front desk manager then the GM came out. They both asked the same basic questions but the GM was the one who decided if you would be hired or not. Directly following the interview they asked if I could do a drug test. Basically was offered the job on the spot and had was added to the schedule to start training.

Interview Questions

• Why did Hospitality appeal to me? Why would I be a good candidate for the position? How have I handle the challenges in past positions?
      Normal basic questions really.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process consisted of a phone interview, in person interview, and a interview with the general manager of the company. The process took the normal time frame for interviews about 3 weeks. The company was very detailed in letting me know exactly exactly what they were looking for they asked multiple times was this something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest challenge and how did i overcome that Challenge   Answer Question

I made the decision to relocate to another City

Anonymous Employee in Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Fishkill, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick. The interview lasted for about 10 minutes. They asked about my background and why I wanted to work there and also asked about my availabilty. They also wanted to know about working on the weekends.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was very casual. I was confident and friendly and got a call back within 5 days. The assistant manager interviewed me and he was a young recently graduated college student, who did not seem to clearly know much about the interview. It become more of a conversation than a questioning interview process.

Interview Questions

• Case: If there was an elderly couple who complained about noise, how would you make sure they were happy with their stay?   2 Answers