Hilton Guest Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.7

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was sent an online video interview. Was called 3wks later for an in person interview with the front desk director. Interview was like 45mins long. Mostly behavioral questions like what would you do in team. How did you solve a difficult situation

Interview Questions

Hilton Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a positive experience, and how our team shared the light and warmth of hospitality with you. Be sure to join our Talent... More

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in January 2017.

Interview

I met with HR and 2 managers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. An hour later I got a call offering me the job. A background check was run and then I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance that you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Well it started out like this when I first applied for the company I applied as a GSA first two attempts were not very successful didn't make it pass the application process. So then I tried a different approach I applied for housekeeping to work as a houseman I would say about a MONTH/HALF later I get a call to come in for a interview the first interview process I did not get the job. Still persistent in wanting to work for the company re-applied again this time for the Laundry Attendant position, 2nd attempt with the same interviewer this time thinking I had the job and to find out that I still didn't get selected. So still feeling determined I applied again for the same position Laundry Attendant and a few weeks later receive a email inviting me to come out to the hiring event. I went and this time I was interviewed by a different person and 3 weeks later receive a phone call offering me the job. I did my 7 months working in Laundry which by then I was eligible to apply for what I always wanted since day 1 the Guest service agent position. The interview process was TOUGH went through 2 interviews in one day then was called for a third interview with the Assistant General Manager of the hotel a week later. A week after that was when I was later called to the Human Resource Office with outstanding news that the Front Office wants to offer me a position as a Guest Service Agent. I am extremely proud of myself that through determination I finally reached my ultimate goal and that is my story on how it all happened.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the people that want this opportunity why should we select you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (San Juan, PR) in June 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: digital, human resources, manager. The digital interview is through hirevue and ts very convenient since you do it at your comodity. You have the chance to practice as much as you want and then start the process. They give you a question and you have about three minutes to answer and it passes to the next question you just have one chance to respond so its best to do as much practice as you need to feel confortable. The second interview in my experience was very good the people are very welcoming and answered all my questions. The third interview is good basicly going though your resume with your future boss.

Interview Questions

• Quick response with Hilton acronym   1 Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a meet and greet to share information about the company. Then the open positions they were hiring for were posted and the hiring manager for each position was available to answer questions about the position. Two weeks later we were able to apply online for the position we were interested in. About a month later, the actual interview took place. Everyone who applied online came in for an interview. We were called one by one to interview with the HR Associate for the position we applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stress situation and how you prepared for it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hilton in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online 2.26.16 and was sent an online virtual interview link to complete on 3.3.16. I was given 3 days to complete. I completed 30 min interview at my leisure on 3.4.16. I am waiting for next steps. I hope to update this post with follow up soon.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a potentially negative situation that were able to work out for the better (paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for hilton   Answer Question
    • question about meeting Hilton brand standard on dress code   Answer Question
    • am I ok with working pm and weekend   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waikïkï, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Waikïkï, HI) in November 2015.

Interview

Went to a job fair with resume. Total time took 2 hours. This included 2 interviews. My first interview was with the Director of Human Resources. Second interview was with the Guest Service Manager.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging experience I have had at any job and how did I handle it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through the Hilton website. Have to complete a video interview. Video interview is a recording of interview questions. The video interview took around 15 minutes. They give you around 2-4 minutes to complete each recording. And then an in-person interview if you have passed the video interview. In-person interview was about half an hour with the director and assistant director.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by an operator, then I was given an appointment for a phone interview with front office manager, then I was scheduled for an in person interview with the front office manager at the hotel

Interview Questions

Hilton Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a very positive experience. Welcome to Hilton! We’re excited to see where your career journey takes you.

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Application is entirely online, one phone interview and then an in person interview with the Front Office Manager. The process was very easy and straightforward. There was a brief (20 questions or less) skills test with basic math and reading questions. Their website online is still the same one we use while on the job, which is helpful to look at other positions available within the company.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled issues with customers at a previous job?   2 Answers