Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.9

247 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I applied earlier this month to a vaguely worded job description via Solomon Edwards. After a little back and forth, I arrived for an in person interview approximately 2 weeks later. When I arrived at the Hilton HQ, I was greeted by the front desk who informed me that they did not know where my interviewer was nor did anyone in her office. I was then told to wait in the lobby. So I waited... and waited.

After about 10-15 minutes, I made a move to the front desk. They informed me that they still couldn't get a hold of her, and to be patient. I then called my recruiter who told me to hang out a little longer, which I reluctantly did.

It wasn't until I was saying my goodbyes to the front desk when lo and behold, 39 minutes after the scheduled interview time, my interviewer had arrived.

The interview which then took place was obviously a mute one. But its should be noted that the 18 minute conversation was one part discussion of her son's football prowess and two parts how she still doesn't know what she wants to do with the position. Shocker.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

You Tube type interview when you answer questions and record yourself. Can be very awkward and challenging if you are not you tuber or not used to talking to yourself.

Remote Reservation Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

I received an email invitation from Hilton, who is using digital interviewing to accomplish this first step in the hiring process. It works by using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device, to record answers to pre-set interview questions. You have one question to practice your technique before beginning the actual test. The questions are at the very top of your screen; if you use a cell phone, like I did, you will have a circle to pull down to see the full script. You have one minute to read the question and prepare your answer; there is a bar that shows the remaining time. Then, it flashes circles, 3, 2, 1, beep...you are recording your answer...

I have to tell you, the whole thing was a bit unnerving to me. It is a new process, and looking at yourself while answering questions gives you a whole new perspective on what the interviewer sees. Try practicing questions from my interview and other Hilton interviews in the mirror or in selfie mode on your cell phone. Practice looking yourself in the eyes when you talk and not looking to the sides. Leave out as many er's, um's, uh's, etc. as you can; it's harder than you think!

This was just the first step for me. I will update as it progrprogresses!

Interview Questions

• You and some friends are at an amusement park. You just finished one ride and don't know what to do next. What do you do?   1 Answer

ECommerce Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Initial interview done through HireVue where you record a 3 minute response to the interview questions you are given. It is very nerve wrecking as you only get 2 attempts to answer and re-record your response

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McCleans Corner, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (McCleans Corner, MD).

Interview

It was a long process, I was contacted by a recruiter, then the lead recruiter then had a phone interview with someone at Hilton, then another phone interview then came in for a 1/2 day interview with writing test and powerpoint presentation. I still wasn't sure what they were really looking for.

Interview Questions

• Assess the SWOT of the Hilton website.   Answer Question
    • Typical questions, why do you want to leave and why join Hilton?   Answer Question
    • How would I incorporate the Hilton brand into 3rd party hotels?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted via HireVue- I was able to use my phone- for the Orlando facility. First time doing an interview process in that manner,which as very interesting and fun, still waiting on reply.

Interview Questions

• is the current pay suitable?   1 Answer

Senior Manager, Human Resources Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Seven rounds of interviews over the course of three months for a corporate HR position. The Hiring Manager decided to change the job qualification requirements after the seventh round. I was not offered the position. The personal time investment during the recruiting process with this outcome was pretty disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How does this position align with your long-term career goals?   Answer Question
    • What are the Hilton values?   1 Answer

Remote Reservation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Applied online from job posting. Heard back within a week to do a video interview within three business days at my own leisure. Interview allowed practice sessoins before actual 'recorded' interview began. Interview in 3 sections - video, multiple choice about remote access, multiple choice about technology.

BPS Manager - Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy! The recruiter was very professional and made the entire process super easy and comfortable. The initial interview was done via HireVue, which is a recorded, timed, video interview. If selected, you then complete a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your journey and how you ended up in the hospitality field.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. One day later I got an email to take a virtual interview which I did the next day. They said that they would be in touch within a few days on their email. I heard back about two weeks after the interview, possibly slightly longer with a big fat rejection. During the interview there was a section of video taped interview questions you answered, next some information about the position, and lastly some technical questions about a computer, etc. it took about 35-40 minutes for me to finish the interview on hireVue.