Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

803 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilton (Amherst, MA).

Interview

First interview was an online interview prompt. Once I got the email, I had a couple days to complete it. The interview was set up so I would be given a question, then after 30 seconds, it would begin recording me answering the question. Once I finished answering, I did not have an option to review it or re-answer the question (other online interview prompts I've done gave you three opportunities to record your answer).

I understand the need for the online process with so many applicants, however, there was no personal contact from any recruiter. It did not feel like they were actually interested in who I was as a person, which is not what you would expect from a company in the hospitality industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Hilton?   1 Answer

Nov 18, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback on our interview process. We appreciate your transparency with us. We’re sorry to hear you did not enjoy your overall candidate experience. We will share your... More

Reservations Interview

Interview

Filled out application. Couple days later received an e-mail stating that they wanted to do a video interview. You have three business days to do it and submit it. You do get to do a practice video.

Worldwide Reservations Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I applied for the work at Home position in November 2017 . I was invited to take the HireVue interview and a few weeks later I received a text and a telephone interview was set up . Two days before my telephone interview I received another text from Ally saying that she needed to reschedule my telephone interview to one day that week . I haven’t heard anything else from them and its been almost two weeks . It upsets me because I stay at their hotels very often and I didn’t expect their hiring process to be so TERRIBLE .

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter a few days later to set up a phone interview as well as a link to complete a digital interview via HireVue. I was asked several questions to either record a video response or type my answers. In HireVue, one of the written questions brought up a pay rate of $14 an hour. This rate is extremely low for the industry (should be closer to $25). Then, during my interview, the first thing the recruiter brings up is the pay and she knows its low and she just wants to know now if it's not going to work for me. I told her it is too low and asked if there was flexibility. She said no and that was the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty communicating with a guest or colleague. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important qualities of an administrator?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time there was a lot of pressure at work - how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Video meeting, immediate offer during. Took a while to get response from applicatio. 30 days. No urine screen. Asked all interview questions Glassdoor had listed. Have good or correct response for each. Espically how to overcome objections

Interview Questions

• Review all questions Glassdoor has listed as they will ask them all   1 Answer

Nov 18, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Welcome to Hilton! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback on your hiring process. It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience. We’re excited to see where... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I was asked to complete a personality test that took approx 45 mins to complete. I was then invited to complete a video interview through their hiring system. Its uncomfortable talking into the camera and you are only given 30 seconds to read the question and think of your answer. You only have one chance at an answer and it's hard to see how long you have to answer the question. I don't think this is a particularly great way to get people to share their work experience as its a very unnatural situation and doesn't allow you to think too much on the answers you want to give - this would be different if you were having a conversation with a real person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your sales experience (I was interviewing for a marketing role and do not have sales experience)   Answer Question

Nov 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback on our interview process. We are sorry to hear the video interview did not live up to expectations. We started using this... More

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in November 2017.

Interview

The actual interview process was fun. Hilton as a company focused on ensuring a fun work environment that team members can thrive in. I met a lot of amazing leaders from Hilton during the interview weekend. I was offered the position with Hilton, and I did not have a pleasant experience after the interview. The campus recruiter that I worked with was very impersonal and was extremely vague in the answers they gave. I did not feel valued even though I was offered a position with Hilton. I felt belittled, neglected, and offended with the way I was treated. This was my experience with the Hilton campus recruitment team and it left a bad taste in my mouth. The way people treat you in a company says everything about who you'll be working with. So I hope my experience is not representative of most in the company - I've always loved Hilton as a brand and would hope to maybe come back to apply for a different role.

Rotational Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

It was just a behavioral interview to see if I was a good fit for the program or not. The interviewer asked basic questions like walk me through your resume, leadership examples, etc. Nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions

Hilton Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a positive experience, and how our team shared the light and warmth of hospitality with you. Be sure to join our Talent... More

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I received the call in the morning, the HR just asked me directly a couple of questions and said feedback would be given to me in few days.The HR seemed a little bit in rush.

Interview Questions

Hilton Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback on your interview process. We appreciate you being candid with us. Our goal is to always share the light and warmth of hospitality, so we’re sorry you did not... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I applied online , the process tool 1+weeks. You will receive a email to do a video interview. After you submit the video you will get a call at a later date to do a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Hilton Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you good experience. Welcome to Hilton! We’re excited to see where your career journey takes you.