Hilton Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First a Phone interview with HR, then an interview with the food and beverage manager then the director of food and beverage twice. Then the decision was made to hire me. Background check took a while though my records are clean.

Assistant Food & Beverage Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Typically with corporate hotels, most postings are required to be open for one to two weeks minimum at which point it's removed. I applied online and heard from the recruitment center about ten days later. Initial interview with the HR recruiter asked standard hotel and management related questions. After speaking with HR, my application was forwarded to the department manager and the assistant director. I had an interview with each, where they asked both interview-type questions... very easy, conversational and comfortable. I then interviewed with the F&B Director and Assistant director, followed by the hotel manager (which is fairly uncharacteristic, but a strategy this property utilizes). Each interview was great and the formality diminished as I spoke to managers "higher up the chain." Everyone was professional, fun, upbeat, excited about their jobs and asked questions I felt to be relevant and truly important rather than basic and impractical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to repair a work relationship with a superior staff member   1 Answer

Great fit for me as a company, but this role was not right for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job on April 9th 2010, and had a phone interview the next week. A month later (May 14th) I was called foe an interview. The man was very nice, we spoke for an hour and he gave me every impression that I had the job. He then went on to say the head of HR would call me that afternoon. Well, that never happened. Two days later I called, left a message, but never received a call back. On May 25th I received a very impersonal email stating that I was not being considered for the job anymore. What happened to the days when a phone call back was normal and only considerate? The employers expect the potential employee to act with the utmost of professionalism but do not return the favor. The Hilton stated over and over again about how important the customer was. Well, I am also the customer, and if my experience is negative I have the right to complain to others about the organization. An email is a tacky way to turn someone down for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer confrontation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was a very nice young man. The only problem I had was the he didn't ask any questions that brought out my skills in foodservice and management. I think he was more concerned with presentation. I had a few highlights in my hair and he asked would I be able to comply with the dress code he explained. Other than my highlights I can to the interview in a suit, little make-up, clean, and little jewelry. Therefore, if you interview here make sure your hair is a solid color.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you delt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   3 Answers