Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Excellent, very professional people, good filtering for final candidates. Constantly providing feedback in every step of the process, received phone calls right away without waiting.
    Good prepared questions, they were difficult but very interesting

Interview Questions

• past experience
      salary expectation
      made us to a presentation

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

They insist that you make a video to answer the questions. They want you to film yourself as you answer questions you read off the screen.
    I sent an email inquiry asking if I could just do an audio recording for them. They responded with a definitive "NO" that they need to "see you".
    Why do they need to see you? The clients will not see you. So what could be the point?
    Is it because they want to see the color of your skin? To see how much you weigh? How old you are?
    If not, what?

Interview Questions

• Nothing actually related to the job you will be performing. The questions relate to other jobs you've had such is "what is your greatest achievement during your life?"   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

It is a very tortured process. I applied on line, received a screening phone interview and then this bizarre online interview. It was dreadful, and offered no opportunity for interaction, building rapport or gaining consensus. All things that critical to the Sales process.

I apparently did not photograph well, as I never heard another word from Hilton. My take is that it is basically a way of screening out folks that did not have the right look. It could have be used to screen for race age, gender or any number of other factors. There was no way of telling and no feed back provided. I found it very creepy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hilton?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Abominably awkward.
    Took interview on live web cam. Very uncomfortable. No interaction or ability to ask questions. No personal attachment to the process or company. Uncertain what happens to my taped interview afterwards. Probably a scheme for the FBI to get facial recognition profiles. Won't do this again. What ever happened to the people and service industry! This is no way to reach and retain qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• questions were typical behavioral interview style   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in July 2015.

Interview

Responded to an indeed ad with resume and cover letter. Position was a perfect fit, exactly what I have been doing for 15 years. 2 weeks later invitation for a 40 minute recorded video interview. No way to prepare, they only answer technical questions. 3 minutes countdown from reading the question to answering it. Max 3 minutes for the answer, which- if you read the questions is NOT enough!

Interview Questions

• State an example of a plan you have implemented. Explain in detail.
      Example for a difficult situation and how you resolved it.
      Where do you see yourself in your career 5 years from now. Explain in detail.
      Situation when you were a minority. Explain in detail.
      What are your greatest accomplishments outside of work. Explain in detail.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Video interview I was able to do 3 practice run to have the camera in the perfect position testing the audio. The interview was industry question and also some multiple choice. Then it was verbal multiple choice questioning regarding sales forecasting. Budget analysis. Then moved into questions about professional experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes me the best candidate for the posituon   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online then was invited to have a self webcam interview. You get to have a practice session using the webcam, however, I still felt awkward and wished it was one-on-one instead.

Interview Questions

• As for me, I felt very awkward and uncomfortable answering questions to the computer screen with nobody on the other side and no response. The questions were all the job entailed questions focused on sales which were pretty expected.   Answer Question

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Some of theeee worst interviews I've ever been on in my life. I hope to never work there or apply again. I took myself off the automated job seeker they have on their site.

Interview Questions

• All questions are scripted............what does genuine mean? What have you done above & beyond for a guest. Nasty interviewers @ ea. Hilton here in Orlando.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton in July 2014.

Interview

Had to fill out an online application and do a personality test along with a stimulation of working in a call center. It was really easy but time consuming because you have to listen to the whole "training" first. Shortly after that was submitted I got an email to do a video interview on hirevue. It said the process would take 70 minutes but only took around 10. Only a few questions were video related and they give you 3 minutes to answer. The rest were all "essay" questions mostly requiring yes or no responses. A week or so later I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a few days later and very challenging. The whole process took an hour long. The questions were ones I really had to think about to come up with answers. You then have to do a role play over the phone with the interviewer. They give you the information before hand so make sure you prepare! You must go step by step through a reservation process and must ask discovery questions to determine the best room to sell. I ended up not selling the room and I was confident I bombed the interview but got a call 2 days later with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to come up with a new solution to something and it failed. Tell me what it was, why it failed, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They go over the pay you decide what schedule you will be working.

Marketing Director Algarve Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vilamoura (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Vilamoura (Portugal)) in March 2010.

Interview

There's no process... they called me several times changing interview. I was not received at hotel in a proper way and had to wait for 1 and a half hour (yes, 90 minutes).
    When the interview started, no explanation or excuse were given to me....

Interview Questions

• I was received by the HR Manager of Hilton in the Algarve and by the future GM of Conrad. They didn't know what to expect from me, what will be the role, etc. etc., and they asked for my opinion about the job.
      Absolutely unbelievable!
      Answer Question

That was not a definitive proposal but due to the above's explanation, I declined