Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Interview

An assessment day which included a team activity, an activity to do on your own and an interview. A good day to meet other applicants and managers you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to influence someone to your way of working/thinking   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

BS phone, then one week later an in person interview with 6-7 people they grabbed bc they were standing around the coffee machine. Avoid Hilton at all costs, they are not a long term employment situation

Resort Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I went in for an informational interview. They did not have any positions open that I was interested in. The hiring manager happened to come into the HR office and was nice enough to spend about an hour with me, which led to a job about 6 weeks later

Banquet Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Eugene, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

protracted yet cordial, very professional , lengthy background check, multiple call backs for update questions. application absolutely online and tedious. personal questions appropriate and not bizzare psych stuff normal hotel procedure

Intern In F & B Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foshan, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Foshan, Guangdong (China)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy frankly. It was a new opening hotel. Apparently it's understaffed in particular departments like Housekeeping and Banquet. The human resources guy just asked some really basic questions. I think maybe they would hire anyone as long as they are normal. The guy was really friendly. Don't worry about the interview at all!

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions like why do you want to work for us   1 Answer
    • Q: when are you available to start working?   1 Answer

Night Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Two interviews so far, 1st interview is with the night manager asking basic questions about your previous experience and asks you what you want to do in the next 5 years. 2nd interview is with the area manager similar questions but got into depth within the company and its role.

Chef De Cuisine Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Interview process is extremely long. I had two phone interviews, a tasting, and two Skype interview before finding out I got the job. Although the interview process was long it was worth it in the end.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

HR manager and Business Development Manager interviewed me. Casual chat through my CV. Discussed previous role at another hotel. highlighted the differences between the hotel and what this would mean for the differences in the role. Asked where I hoped to go from this job, about my university course, and how i could benefit the team.

I was offered the job the same day

Interview Questions

• what training and development do you think should be offered?   Answer Question

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Alexandria (Egypt)) in January 2017.

Interview

grooming experience and about my experiment role play and sending cv by email then human resource manager select an appointment for interview it was through skype video then they asked me a lot of easy questions then give me a notice after 1 week

Interview Questions

• why did you choose our company which shift you work why did you leave your job
      are you nervous which language do you speak are you willing to relocate do you smoke what is your expected salary do you work under pressure job description
      1 Answer

Development Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I approached them at a school career fair, and after a few questions was immediately signed up for an on campus interview the following week. The interview was pleasant, and the two Hilton employees asked typical behavioral questions specifically pertaining to leadership skills and salesmanship as those are the two keys to the job. Several weeks later, I was given a survey to complete that was very simple. It was all questions that give you an example of what your job would be like. Finally, I was invited to the final round interview with about 10 other candidates. A fun dinner was provided the night before the interview, and then we went to the Hilton hotel restaurant for our interviews where everyone was transferred around from interview to interview for about 3 hours, each interview being an hour long.

Interview Questions

• A case study asking about what you would do if you were the manager of a Hilton hotel in different situations.   Answer Question