Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I applied online , the process tool 1+weeks. You will receive a email to do a video interview. After you submit the video you will get a call at a later date to do a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Hilton Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you good experience. Welcome to Hilton! We’re excited to see where your career journey takes you.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and made me feel like my time was valued. I had several rounds of interviews which were conducted both in person and over the phone where I had an opportunity to meet with leadership and learn about team objectives. From the interviews, I felt informed to make a career decision that I could have confidence in.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do I stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and innovation?   1 Answer

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a very positive experience, and how our team shared the light and warmth of hospitality with you. Welcome to Hilton... More

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

The first round was via Hirevue a digital software while the second round was a phone interview ! The software recorded the answers and allowed me to take multiple attempts.

Interview Questions

• Why the hospitality industry?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How can you contribute to the legacy of Hilton?   Answer Question

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a good experience. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay up to date on future opportunities. We wish you success... More

Pastry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

All the people applying for non managements culinary positions have to answer a very complete test with about 50 questions. After that, the Chef proceeds with his interview which is even more difficult. They definitely know what are looking for. All the questions are about your knowledge about technical and practical procedures in the kitchen.

Interview Questions

• What’s the difference between an Italian and Swiss meringue?   Answer Question
    • What are the ingredients in the preparation of a eggless buttercream?   Answer Question
    • What’s the substitute for eggs?   Answer Question
    • What’s the range of temperatures for risk of food decomposition?   Answer Question

Oct 27, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a positive experience, and how our team shared the light and warmth of hospitality with you. Be sure to join our Talent... More

Assistant Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks, from initial contact from HR to official offer. I had 2 phone interviews. First interview with HR and department manager, second interview with director of rooms. Asked behavioral and background questions, to confirm experience. Second interview was more of a personality matching interview, it felt more like determining if we would make a good management team, how well we would work together.

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient with computers, applications, and internet?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took initiative to solve a guest problem   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a change to a rule, policy, or operation to affect room cleanliness   Answer Question

Oct 27, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Externship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Online interview. Fairly simple questions and a platform that was very user friendly and helpful. Wasn't contacted regarding results for months, which was upsetting. Overall the interview process itself wasn't an issue at all and i would gladly go throught it again

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a conflict and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Very thorough process with a lot of touchpoints to different team members and stakeholders. Really felt like they were committed to finding the right candidate, and invested in me as a person. Transparent about timing, salary and expectations throughout.

Interview Questions

Hilton Response

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on 09/12 and received an invitation to interview via a digital interview program about a week later. The digital interview took about 12 minutes. You have to make sure to dress the part, so wear your clothing, hair and makeup (if applicable) as if you were headed to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was dissatisfied. What did you do to make this situation better?   Answer Question

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback on our hiring process and your interview. It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Amherst, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Behavior questions: Simple and very straightforward. Expect to know some basic information about Hilton. Fast paced but smooth Interview process. Very clear on what they want you to be. Lots of employees was present, really encouraged conversation prior to the interview.

Director of Destination Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton in September 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a Sr Manager of Corporate Recruiting at 7am, but I missed the call. She asked for me to call her back and/or to email her times when I'd be available to chat about the role. After three follow ups from my end with no response, I moved on. Not very professional - 1. to call someone at 7am; 2. to ask someone for time to chat but then never acknowledging the receipt of emails or calls; and 3. ghosting a candidate. If not interested, don't ask for a call back (or don't call).

Interview Questions

• Can you please provide a good time to discuss the role?   Answer Question