Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.7

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process was exhilarating. I really enjoyed it. It's conducted by Hirevue. The video asks about 6 questions and the rest are agreeing to the requirements and computer questions through multiple choice. You need to know a little bit about customers booking rooms and asking discovery type questions to find out information. The rest are just sales based questions. I had no issues at all, due to the fact, I planned and studied before I did the interview. You will have a chance to practice to get very comfortable in front of the camera. The first set of questions is timed. The rest of the questions you need to take your time and make sure you agree with what you can actually do. All in all, it is a new experience if one hasn't done it before. I will just say, relax, and have fun with it. Hilton would like to see your personality shine through. I really hope this has helped some.

Interview Questions

• Which room would you sale to a customer and why? You have to choose between packages A,B,C.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Hilton Worldwide?   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Went well did not really ask me alot of questions was nice and understood my situation would recommend to anyone who is looking for a job the staff is really nice the work part can get really busy other then that its a good place to work once i got hired.

Summer Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Online Interview through a portal. The questions were fair and followed along with the job description for the posting. Questions were mostly based on your personal disposition, but a few were on situational skills

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this job above any other applicants?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first was contacted by HR via phone, but had missed their call and called them back the same day and left a voicemail. We played phone tag for about two weeks until the HR representative finally emailed me. After my phone interview with HR, I had another phone interview with the hiring manager then an in-person interview. Everything was fine except the HR representative was not responsive. A week after my interview I sent a follow-up and I never heard anything back. I did not realize I did not have the job until I went back in my profile and the position said filled. I find it unprofessional to not send an email saying that they have moved on with another candidate.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall it was very professional and organized, including a lunch interview with a VP. One major downside was that I was told I was one of two finalists and never provided an official or formal answer on the job selection.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pro-forma and not unexepcted   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

They insist that you make a video to answer the questions. They want you to film yourself as you answer questions you read off the screen.
    I sent an email inquiry asking if I could just do an audio recording for them. They responded with a definitive "NO" that they need to "see you".
    Why do they need to see you? The clients will not see you. So what could be the point?
    Is it because they want to see the color of your skin? To see how much you weigh? How old you are?
    If not, what?

Interview Questions

• Nothing actually related to the job you will be performing. The questions relate to other jobs you've had such is "what is your greatest achievement during your life?"   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

They set up two phone interviews followed by an in person interview. The in person interview was informal. They did not have a room ready and I interviewed in a shared office.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call with in a few hours. Set up interview, went through three interviews back to back. Seemed like it was a go. Asked to sign background release form and told I would be hearing from them within a few days. It's been a couple weeks now and still no word.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview actually was a video style interview where applicants had to record answers to questions in short two or three minute clips. The goal was to allow your personality to show through and to get your creative juices flowing as you answered real-life-scenario style questions. That format did take some getting used to, but once you find your groove, the process starts to make a bit more sense.

Interview Questions

• What's one area in your life you had to take the lead in? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in January 2017.

Interview

I met with HR and 2 managers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. An hour later I got a call offering me the job. A background check was run and then I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance that you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question