Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton (Norfolk, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was hired for a different position that changed three times in two days. It was then that three others were hired for the same work and I was eliminated because I just wasn't what they were looking for.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started off with a recorded virtual interview, which was new to me. It was slightly nerve-wracking at first, but became more comfortable as the questions progressed. There was a long period between my virtual interview and a call from a recruiter to actually conduct a phone screen--not sure if they were busy hiring other positions, there was a delay on this position, or what, but it was in the neighborhood of 6 weeks from the virtual to the phone screen. After that, things moved VERY quickly. I did a phone interview with the hiring manager, then my direct manager, and was provided a case study to prepare and present a week later. The case study is no joke, so leave yourself plenty of time to dig in and thoroughly prepare. I presented the case study on a Friday morning and received an offer on Monday afternoon.

Interview Questions

• If one of your hotels had a need period, what would you recommend to a DOS to drive business?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach the relationship with management companies? How would you handle a management company who was skeptical of your recommendations?   Answer Question
    • What's your philosophy in terms of social media as a marketing tool? How would you approach a social presence for a collection of 50 hotels?   Answer Question

Chef De Cuisine Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Interview process is extremely long. I had two phone interviews, a tasting, and two Skype interview before finding out I got the job. Although the interview process was long it was worth it in the end.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Virtual interview (answering questions via video and submitting), 2 phone interviews with hiring manager, then received offer. No in person interview. Scheduling of phone interviews was conduced by an HR representative, but offer was received from hiring manager.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy friendly interviewer, no stress atmosphere
    First was online application, then phone interview, then in person interview
    Used application Hire Vue to record responses, which was a little confusing but interesting experience

Revenue Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Addison, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process took a little over a month. I had two interviews via phone with corporate recruiters and one interview over the phone with two people who worked at the RMCC. That interview consisted entirely of behavioral interview questions, be sure to have scenarios ready. My last interview was onsite at the RMCC and it was a case study. The case study consisted of basic math in which you needed to make your product the most competitive as well as present your findings and be able to defend your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had a disagreement with your manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They first asked me to complete a two separate assessment tests, followed by a telephone interview with the recruiter, I was then asked to complete a digital interview via computer and submit - following that I was asked to come into their Manhattan office and interview with the recruiter in person and then the sales manager.

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Addison, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview seemed like a conversation more than a panel of people asking me questions. This could have been because I was an internal employee. I have interviewed with Hilton externally and had to do a case study as well as a writing sample. It is hard to get into the company but once you are in they will continue to help get you promoted if that is something you are wanting. They are also fine with you staying in the same place if that is what you want.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle unreasonable goals?   1 Answer

Full-Time Customer Care Associate - Remote Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Amarillo, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was over the computer with your recorded answers. This was a first for me, and a little intimidating. But all in all, it was fairly easy. They were basic interview questions, and if you go through the practice questions, and feel comfortable with them, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deal with a unhappy or hostile customer, and what was the outcome?   12 Answers

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief 30 minute basic interview pretty much just to get to know a bit about me
    should hear back in a week
    was told about the hotel how old, different departments and benefits

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know if I knew what the job consisted of.
      what is my availability   Answer Question