Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

They set up two phone interviews followed by an in person interview. The in person interview was informal. They did not have a room ready and I interviewed in a shared office.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in January 2017.

Interview

I met with HR and 2 managers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. An hour later I got a call offering me the job. A background check was run and then I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance that you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview actually was a video style interview where applicants had to record answers to questions in short two or three minute clips. The goal was to allow your personality to show through and to get your creative juices flowing as you answered real-life-scenario style questions. That format did take some getting used to, but once you find your groove, the process starts to make a bit more sense.

Interview Questions

• What's one area in your life you had to take the lead in? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call with in a few hours. Set up interview, went through three interviews back to back. Seemed like it was a go. Asked to sign background release form and told I would be hearing from them within a few days. It's been a couple weeks now and still no word.

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Very involved and respectful. Seven rounds of interviews at different points in the process--both in person and via Skype. Interviews included recruiter, business owners and internal customers. It was evident that they were all very aligned on the vision for the role and the part it would play in their business.

Interview Questions

• Share how you have actively worked to streamline processes to make business more efficient in the last month.   Answer Question

Remote Booking Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Video interview, pre-set questions. You get a couple minutes to review each question and then record your answer. There were twelve questions in my interview. Not all of them were video response.

Room Service Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview i interviewed with 3 different people in one day and then got hired on the spot it was a sort of uncomfortable experience because i was sitting in a room with multiple people and at one point i did a interview with two people at once that i later found out were both going to be my managers

Interview Questions

• Describe your goals for the future?   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was conducted online. It was a wonderful experience. I was able to do the interview when it was a convenience. The entire process seemed to be simple. There were step by step tutorials to make the candidate as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a hostile person? Please provide a past experience and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Work @ HOME Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in December 2016.

Interview

First I applied through the Hilton site. Then I was sent an email to conduct a virtual interview through a system called Hirevue. This process requires you to dress for an in person interview, however the process will consist of recording answers and typed answers. Recommend practice, practice, practice beforehand, because you are not allowed to re-record your answers.

About two weeks later I received a request for a live online interview with a Hiring Manager. This interview was also conducted using Hirevue. It was mostly us going over my experience briefly, and then company overview, training schedule, equipment requirements, weekly schedule building, required to work 32 weekend hours a month, training schedule, etc. Job offered after interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No pay negotiation however there is an incentive program. Pay starts at $9 during training and afterwards I am told you can make more with no caps on incentives. Bonuses are paid out monthly.

Remote Customer Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about a day or two later I received an email inviting me to the digital interview. The digital interview was straight forward and not intimidating at all besides nervousness I had trying to be the "perfect candidate." The digital interview asked general questions about yourself, why did you choose to work for Hilton, and questions about your availability, compensation being non negotiable, etc. Once i finished the digital interview i got an email stating they will reach out to me if chosen for the next step in the hiring process. About a week and a half later, I received an email inviting me to do a live interview. The live interview was casual with few questions and more so the interviewer getting to know you as a person and your experience in any type of customer service work.

Interview Questions

• A Hhonors customer calls in and they booked their hotel stay through a third party, the customer has been an hhonors member for 5 years and this is their first time using a third party to book. They call in wanting the points from this stay but booking stays through third parties doesn't qualify them to get the points. what do you do?   1 Answer