Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.7

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corbin, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Corbin, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Long process. Application & personality tests took at least a few hours. Then I had to call in and read a script on a message machine. Then I had the "live" (not so live) interview. Interviewing with a robot? Not ready for that I guess. THEY TEXTED ME EVERY FEW HOURS FOR THREE DAYS TO DO THE VIDEO INTERVIEW! I was at the top of a mountain with no dress clothes. The email said I had until Monday night but the texts just kept coming like they REALLY WANTED ME--NOT!!!. Got all dressed up, had to mess around with their software for an hour at least I guess because I have a brand new PC it wasn't working correctly. Had to call HireVue tech support. I was so frustrated after the software/Skype wasn't working that I should have just waited until the next morning but THE CONSTANT TEXTS caused me so much stress I worried if I waited any longer that they might not think I'm reliable. My fault on the "interview" I guess! Horrible. Watching myself talk in a mirror on the screen knowing someone else is going to see it and I thought I looked AWFUL--and I had SUCH a hard time getting the lighting to work with the software. The questions were so simple it was laughable and I did grin at some of them and had a bit of a sense of humor--that really only works in REAL FACE TO FACE INTERVIEWS when having a conversation with a REAL PERSON. It was over 2 weeks before I got my "thanks but no thanks" email. And that only came AFTER I tried to find out why they were STILL. TEXTING. ME. about the video interview!!!! I spent again over an hour getting transferred here and there and all over the world and finally (I think???) got the voice mail of someone in HR and I left a message. I guess they are not looking for strong, personable people with divergent thinking--act like you are reading a script and bored--you might get the job. (Also--I have extensive travel experience).

Interview Questions

• Someone wants to go to Orlando. They give you 2 different rooms to choose from to offer the customer. What questions do you ask to decide on the room to choose?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took a total of 3 weeks. I had a total of 3 interviews: 2 via phone, 1 via hire vue. Positive experience overall. They asked general interview questions such as my strengths and weaknesses, along with how my previous experiences fit this particular internship.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time there was a conflict on a team you've been apart of?
      2. Why do you want to work for Hilton?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Myrtle Beach, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with Director of F&B and his name is Paul Leiva. Great interview! I was extremely comfortable and at ease with all of his questions. He was very informative about the position and the questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in a situation I didn't like with a guest, other manager or team member?   1 Answer

Revenue Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (Addison, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Long Process - almost 2 months from Start to Finish.
    Submitted Resume through LinkedIn
    2 Phone Interviews
    1 in Person Interview - included a Case Study - simple math and analytical skills required.
    Offered Job, Background fairly simple, took 2-3 days to complete.

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The process went fast and easy. I got an email invite 3 days after I applied online. Then I was setup for an online interview right after Thanksgiving, and was offered the job right after my virtual interview by video.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to work a flexible shift with weekends   1 Answer

Director of Safety and Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Video Interview

You are interviewed via online video app. You are given a question, then have 30 seconds to prepare your answer. Once it starts, you will be looking at yourself, while you are answering the question.

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school website and had a phone interview with their head of recruiting. The conversation was friendly and touching on both interests and skills of mine. I did not pass the first round but the interviewer personally replied my follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• What did you do during the internship? Why this program?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Hiring process took 2 weeks.
    1st interview was over the phone. Talked a lot about the company, my strengths and weaknesses and skills. Second interview was in a conference room at the actual location. Talked more about the company, talked in detail about my resume and job experience and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked on a team and there was conflict. How was the outcome?   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Property Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was automated online and difficult to complete. When I first attempted to complete the interview it was unavailable and then when I finally was able to begin the process, the site kept bouncing me off or cutting out in the middle of my responses with no opportunity to complete them. Overall it was a very disheartening experience.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a situation where engineering priorities changed during a project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Done through HireVue. First there's a pre-recorded interview you do then a live one. They give you practice questions but once you enter the interview you can not re-record your answers. They ask about 3 questions that you respond to via video and then give you some information about the job, equipment l, schedule etc. About 2 weeks after applying is when I received an email to interview. 3 weeks or so after that interview is when I got an invite for a live one. During that one she asked about my background and went more in detail about the job, training and such.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hilton?   1 Answer

See What Hilton Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Concierge in Orlando, FL

Pros: “I spent about 4 years total working for Hilton Hotels in Orlando, FL, both as a direct employee, then as a contracted concierge. Overall, it was a great experience and a wonderful company...”“I spent about 4 years total working for Hilton Hotels in Orlando, FL, both as a direct employee, then as a contracted concierge. Overall, it was a great experience and a wonderful company to work for. Pros are as follows... -Decent wages -Excellent PTO system -With it being hospitality, expect to work a lot of weekends and major holidays. But in my experience, we got to choose which holidays were most important for us to have off, and we typically got the ones we wanted. -Fun, friendly work environment. I met several of my closest friends from Hilton. -Company is constantly growing and evolving, so there's always openings and opportunities for growth” – Full Review