Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.7

Virtual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I sent in my resume and asked to do the questionnaire. I later received an email that all the positions were filled. I still see the posting though so I am not sure if I didn't pass tests or if it was really filled.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly University, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Cal Poly University, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position on the career center website from my school I got interviewed in two different rooms. One interviewer asked about my resume and why I would want to work at Hilton and the second one asked about behavioral questions. The interviewer made it comfortable although the second interview was a little harder because she asked around 15 different behavioral questions. She was writing all the answers down.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the program? Marketing, Management, etc   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

The whole process was very convenient, I just had to download an app and I was on my way! I had 2 virtual and 1 phone interview. The very last interview was live with a recruiter through the app. I read it would be an awkward interview but I didn't have any trouble.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Interview

Applied for the position and received and an invite to complete virtual interview. It has been almost two weeks since interview and no further communications at this time on the position.

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (New Orleans, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application online and 2 days received an invitation to do an online video interview. I felt like I was prepared to do the interview but while doing the practice question and answers I was very nervous and it was very awkward. I was doing it on my phone sitting at my desk, propped up against my modem. It was strange looking at myself talking. Maybe they will take into consideration I am not 25 and not of the generation that is accustomed to looking at themselves all day on a camera? I do not do snap chat or musically or any other camera selfie apps all day long. So for me, I was nervous and it felt strange. It has been a week and I have not received a response. I checked my application online and it says it was finalized 4 days ago.

Interview Questions

• They asked which room package would I offer a customer.   1 Answer

Reservation Sales Specialist @Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is through HireVue which you can do on a browser webpage from a PC or tablet or from an APP on your Android or iOS phone. There are 4 pre-recorded questions you answer while being captured in recorded video, then there are maybe 15-20 more survey style questions. These questions are along the lines of, can you commit x days a week, flexibility for x timeframe to be scheduled; things of this nature. Then if you are invited for another interview this is a "live interview" still utilizing HireVue but in real-time face to face communication with a talent recruiter. This position for me, and for many others I have spoken with, takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks to complete but once you have the live interview if a job offer IS extended the process will be quick moving after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage working without a schedule while at work to prioritize your tasks and effectively manage your time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not room for negotiation as it is an entry level part-time position with room for negotiations to future growth. In addition, before you ever make it to Interview 1 you are pre-screened in the application for some of the parameters of the position & then further screened with more detailed non-negotiable criteria for the entry position of hire.

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and application. They quickly responded with a request to interview online. They use a Q&A video and multiple choice app called Hire View. At first it was intimidating, but if you practice and take your time it's not to bad. You do need a device and forward facing camera.

Interview Questions

• In the video Q &A they asked general questions like what intrigued me to apply and how was I suited for the position.
      The multiple choice involved online technology. The entire process took 45 minutes to an hour including the practice and downloading the app.   1 Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Why do you want to work for Hilton? embody our core values: Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership, and Now.
    an interest in innovation and are interested in helping Hilton Worldwide fulfill our mission of being the preeminent global hospitality leader

Interview Questions

• How do you explain to a customer why a higher priced reservation is worth the money?   1 Answer

At Home Reservation Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, which is a normal application. The next day I got an email invitation to do a virtual interview. Its the Hirevue app. I did it from my laptop. Dress like a normal interview since its all done on a webcam. It is kind of nerve wracking if you haven't done this sort of interview in the past. The have an intro video to, "get you comfortable" and allow about a min or less to prepare for each question if you want. They ask pretty basic questions about experience, and how to handle a specific situation that they give you, etc. You do not get a chance to re-record, so make sure that you utilize that prep. time.
    After my interview, I got an email saying that a recruiter will reach out to me regarding the next steps. That was over a week ago. I have yet to hear back from them.
    I did reach out to Hilton World wide with hopes to speak to the HR to, "follow up with my interview" and all I got was a voicemail.
    I am a little disappointed with this process, doesn't seem like a real urge, but reading other's comments, it seems like it is a long process. I will update if I get a response from them

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a time when you dealt with an angry customer   Answer Question

Remote Reservations Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Hilton Talent Acquisition portal. Received an invitation two days later to complete a virtual interview. I completed it the next day. It has been one week since the interview and I'm waiting to progress to the next step.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a choice of three "travel packages" and asked which one was most appropriate as a recommendation to the caller.   2 Answers