Hilton Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Abominably awkward.
Took interview on live web cam. Very uncomfortable. No interaction or ability to ask questions. No personal attachment to the process or company. Uncertain what happens to my taped interview afterwards. Probably a scheme for the FBI to get facial recognition profiles. Won't do this again. What ever happened to the people and service industry! This is no way to reach and retain qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• questions were typical behavioral interview style   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

VERY non friendly. There are certain specifics that must be met before you even get a phone interview. The internet form is very cumbersome. It took a looong time for the H.R. person to get back to me, and by the time they did, I'd found another job. Apparently, the property can only interview up to 10 people at a time, so if you got your application in at number 11, and they find someone that will do, they will hire them. I wonder how many people that might be better for the job are rejected without an interview at all. And, wouldn't it be great if an industry based on hospitality actually had hospitable in-person interviews?

Interview Questions

• None - I did not interview because I found another job in the time it took for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online then was invited to have a self webcam interview. You get to have a practice session using the webcam, however, I still felt awkward and wished it was one-on-one instead.

Interview Questions

• As for me, I felt very awkward and uncomfortable answering questions to the computer screen with nobody on the other side and no response. The questions were all the job entailed questions focused on sales which were pretty expected.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

3 steps, HR, Supervisor, GM... be prepared to take 30-45 days to get an offer if you do. no negotiation of offer, take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• We have several big ego's on staff, how would you handle working with them as the newest person on staff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This it it, take it or leave it.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Behavior based interview, as in "tell me a time when"... They are not looking for cookie cutter responses. You need to have a personality and be relate-able in this industry.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Santa Fe, NM) in March 2012.

Interview

First I applied for the position via Hilton web site. I was then had a phone interview with their Talent Acquisition team. I was then contacted by the In-House Human Resources Employment Manager for my first in person interview. That same day I had an interview with the Director of Sales and Marketing as well as interviews/meetings with the Director of Catering and General Manager.

Interview Questions

• How I managed stress on the job.   1 Answer
    • What were my plans for the future.   1 Answer
    • How did I work with clients.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Oakland, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by another sales manager. I first interviewed with HR Manager, filled out application and took and assessment questionnaire. I then returned for a second interview, met with the GM. The whole process took about 2 weeks. They chose me out of 6 other candidates.
    Followed by a drug test.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe how I would prospect a piece potential new business
      2. How I deal with rejections
      3. My sales background   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tirana (Albania)

Interview

I was really interested for the role so I have sent a CV and I was invited in HireVue for a recorder interview. Basically there are 6 questions that appear on the screen and you have 2 minutes to answer. I consider that the process so far was very serious but the HireVue interview even if the questions were quite easy was difficult to handle because you don't know where to look and the clock ticking makes it even harder. I did practice a lot recording myself before hand but still I felt that not having a person in front you makes things a bit weird. Still waiting to hear if I was selected for the next step or not.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Pretty simple. Met with two different directors and went over basic interview questions. Mostly they were asking about my market and existing contacts. There werent any questions that stumped me and since I was coming from a competitor hotel, they asked lots of questions about what type of business they do. You definitely have an edge if you are coming from a competitor to get more money.