Hilton Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.8

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the Hilton website and was then notified to take a digital interview through a third party site that works with Hilton's hiring team. Follow that I was contacted for a phone interview which lead to an in-person interview at the location I applied to work at.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two half hour interviews with HR Directors. Each interviewers asked behavioral questions regarding leadership, service, and personal values. Each interviewer asked for specific circumstances of when you displayed the specific trait or behavior. Although friendly, the interviewers are very analytical and are measuring your reactions and display of honestly carefully

Interview Questions

• Which of Hilton's values resignates the most with you?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Hilton Worldwide internal recruiter. I had a phone interview that went well and was told I would be moving forward in the process. The senior recruiter sent me an e-mail telling me the per hour pay for the position and asking if the pay was acceptable to me. I said yes it was acceptable.
    About a week later I receive an e-mail from that same senior recruiter telling me that my pay scale was too high for the position...um I never gave a pay scale?!? The senior recruiter was the one and only one that mentioned pay and I accepted the rate of pay she had told me. I think the recruiter made a mistake and didn't realize it. I contacted her and advised her that I never gave a range and she didn't contact me back. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in the position you are applying for?   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A week later I received an email to continue through the interviewing process. I had three days to do a digital interview where I would record myself answering to 5 questions, given 30 seconds to prepare answer and 3 minutes to answer. Two weeks later I was told they had already chosen someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• - Describe yourself.
      - Tell me of a time when you Wowed a guest.
      Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After checking into HR, a woman came in to take me into her office to ask me some questions. The interview questions were pretty basic with not really any curve balls. Then i spoke to her higher up and his questions overlapped her questions quite a bit. After the interview was over, i recieved a call the next week saying that they really liked my application and that they would keep it for any other position that opens up but they already filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What about the Front Desk position do you like the most?   Answer Question

Social Media/Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First I was given a virtual video interview where I was given interview questions and was timed for my answer. It went well. I believe there was 10 questions. I was called for a over the phone interview with the recruiter. After the interview I was told that I was one of the top 3 candidates and would be scheduled to interview with the team. It was a week and half before I was going to get ahold of anyone to follow up. Then they kept telling me the team was traveling. After about 3 weeks I got an email that I was no longer considered for the position. It was a very weird process and I felt was handled poorly.

Interview Questions

• How are some of your past experiences led you to excel in this role.   Answer Question

Recreation Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Formal interview process with business casual dress attire required. Initial phone interview to screen me followed by an in-person interview with Human Resources, and then an interview with the Front Desk Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were forced to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Resort Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I went in for an informational interview. They did not have any positions open that I was interested in. The hiring manager happened to come into the HR office and was nice enough to spend about an hour with me, which led to a job about 6 weeks later

Front Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job online, about 3 weeks later I got a call from an HR Rep. to book an initial interview. We ended up booking it that day... I went in, she asked a couple standard questions, nothing too difficult or unexpected. I thought it went well, but then a week later I got declined, with no explanation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult at all... standard questions: what did you have to do when dealing with an irate customer, example of previous job in customer service etc...   Answer Question

Senior Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied for position online, a few days later had an interview with Asst. Dir. of HR and the hiring Managers. I was surprised no behavioral questions were asked. The interview was more conversational. After I week I was called for the round 2 interview, which was also more conversational. I got a verbal job offer at the end of the interview.

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy, I gave my salary expectations and those were met.