Hilton Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Server Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Picked up through online process/friend referral and went through a virtual 8 question interview (3 recorded video) and then an in person interview following. The in person interview was a bit challenging, but waiting in between the applying, virtual interview, in-person interview, and orientation to floor was quite lengthly in the end. The Orientation is a 2 day process nearly two weeks after hire and getting in after that requires a lot of papaerwork getting benefits, uniforms, lockers, employee numbers, on-site training, and your meal package/options.

But once it is all done the convenience and perks are completely worth it!

Interview Questions

• Is buerre blanc served hot, cold, lukewarm?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online then received a email and did a digital interview then was asked to come for an onsite interview. It was pretty average digital interview asking me to describe my talents and personality. I am looking forward to the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was on my school campus. Only lasted about 10 minutes. Met two with two people, a supervisor and a manger. Easy, relaxed feel. After interview I was given a code to apply online. Within a few hours of applying I had received an offer and paperwork to fill out. By the end of the day I had set up my orientation.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?
      What is your favorite food?
      What is the first question you ask a guest if they order a rum and coke?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied from Craigslist and got a call the next day. During my lunch break the following day I went for my interview. I met with the supervisor of food and beverage as well as the general manager of the hotel. Simple questions were asked, and I started training the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Takes a month or so for all the background checks, Two to Three Interviews before initial hire, 8 hour training session is not too bad, HR Department is very good, Drug Screening before hiring.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work nights and weekend and all holidays if needed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 6.00 base pay, plus tips.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Took 2 weeks to complete hiring process. Drug test and background check had to be completed before hiring. The background check was paid for by the employee. Met all managers at time of interview. The entire process was handled efficiently. Employer did not call to inform me of start date. A fellow employee called and told me I was put on the schedule

Interview Questions

• Do you have any schedule restrictions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Pensacola Beach, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a friend who got me an application. That was the hardest part. 10 pages long and short answer questions. Spoke with manager, since I had decent experience he hired me. He asked which shifts I wanted to work. He said I had to wait for the orientation before I could work and that HR would call me. They never called, so I got back in touch with the manager after he got back from his vacation about two weeks later and he was surprised HR had not called. HR would never answer the phone. So I had to go back up there to speak with HR about how I was hired, but needed to go to orientation. I finally got to go to the orientation about a month after being hired and out of a job for two weeks since my two weeks notice at my last job had been up. I went to orientation, learned all about the Hilton company and how it was started. We had a lunch comped to us. Orientation was fun lol. I got started less than a week later and while training we got really busy so they just threw me in there with my own section. I eventually found out lots of people got to start without going to orientation first.

Interview Questions

• So I see you have been working in a bar, why do you want to come here to work in the restaurant?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalla (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Dalla (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Low wadges, non-competitive pay. Could definitly do better at keeping good employees interested in staying with the company. Do not take care of associates with the same care as paying coustomers when traveling from hotel to hotel.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Athens (Greece)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the HR manager at first and then by the F&B manager. Both were pleasant. No issues. Not a lot of questions, mainly about what i have done in the past and what are my goals for the future.