Hilton Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

Hilton Interview Questions in Tennessee

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Two separate interview one by phone and the next one at their office. Mostly was behavioral interview and ask me about my GPA. basically be ready to know about the company and ask question that shows your interest .

Interview Questions

• where did you graduated?
      Are you planning to go back for a master program
      1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Internal interview with VP. Questions regarding understanding hotel industry background. Cordial and respectful interview. Technical interview was good. Hands on lab was required. Virtual machine was provided. Was interviewed by team of 3 technical members. Interviewers were understanding and well informed. Facilities were good and problem statement was well worded.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Brentwood, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. Everything up until a face to face meeting with the front desk manager was handled online. The Interview was short and had a few of your average interview questions. This was followed by a meeting and mini-interview with the General Manager of the hotel which was very much the same. This property is managed by a very relaxed group, so the interview held this same atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What goals do you set for yourself?   1 Answer

Hotel General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Nashville, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process with several senior members of company. Process was a series of one-on-two interviews with senior members of company along with fellow peers from other properties. Interview did not include a drug test - although have had that in previous interview processes. Interview although was thorough, was in a relaxed atmosphere. Most centered around my processes and how I would take what I used at other places to use at this place.

Revenue Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was misleading. I was told that I wold be doing another job The recruiter was not did not want to talk about salary. Salary should be discussed. The last interview did not go well because the management was dry. I was surprised I received the job! The interview process should change

Interview Questions

• What is Revenue Management?   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

My recruiter set up the interview. I met with a manager one on one. Then I met with a manager and a supervisor together, and then a supervisor one on one. Altogether the process took about an hour and a half. The interviews were all very conversational and we mostly spoke about my relevant experience, why I was ready to leave my current position, and what the day-to-day in the Tax Analyst position would be like. It sounds like a very exiting time in this department due to changes in personnel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. I had already stated the salary that I wanted up front.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

Went through a temp agency for a temporary position, and was then hired on as a permanent employee. Temped for seven months and had to find a job elsewhere for them to take me serious and offer me a full time permanent job. The interview process was very standard and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your biggest accomplishment? What has been your biggest failure? Asked some canned questions about your personality to determine what type of personality you have, i.e. type A, B, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, take the offer or leave it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in November 2010.

Interview

The overall process was very quick. I completed a phone interview with a recruiting agency on a Friday. I was then contacted the following Monday to schedule an onsite interview with hiring manager and the senior director. I interviewed with them Wednesday of that same week. I received a phone call from recruiting agency the next day asking that I complete the drug screen and start the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was from the recruiting agency. They requested I complete a recorded message that would be provided to the hiring manager stating why I would be the best fit for the position and environment that was described as extremely fast-paced and one of controlled chaos.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and quick - I stated my hourly rate and the company accepted.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Knoxville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

Relaxed interview process. Situational questions. Do your research.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were the only one on the desk, a guest was asking you questions, and the phone was ringing?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in July 2008.

Interview

The process was quite long. It was at least 3 months. Most of that involved waiting with no communication. I really got the feeling that nothing was happening. When it came down to the end, suddenly things were in hurry-up mode. There was little patience for delay on my part. I found that odd, but less so now after having been there for a while. It's fairly consistent with how a lot of things are.

Interview Questions

• Several questions were about specific configuration options for software packages.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt there wasn't any negotiation. In the electronic application it asked what I was looking for. I didn't receive an offer letter until the day I was scheduled to fill out the HR paper work. Previous to that I only received a verbal take-it-or-leave-it offer lacking the nitty gritty details about the entire compensation package. I kinda had an idea what it would be, so I went for it anyway, but had I not had a general idea it would have been hard to actually accept the offer (which was less than I was asking, but not by much in the grand scheme).